Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Screen shot of EA's MMA video game

Is it just me, or does this look like clay-mation?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think it looks good, and I expect EA to blow Yukes/THQ out of the water in terms of gameplay.

Speaking of which, the sales of the new UFC game are way down, and THQ reportedly took a big hit on their stocks.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I think it looks good, and I expect EA to blow Yukes/THQ out of the water in terms of gameplay.

Speaking of which, the sales of the new UFC game are way down, and THQ reportedly took a big hit on their stocks.
Yeah, as I look at it again, it's not as bad as I thought. I think Fedor's gloves struck me as a bit cartoonish at first (no idea why) & that colored my perception a bit.

I'd love for EA to blow THQ outta the water, then take over THQ's contract w/ the UFC.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, as I look at it again, it's not as bad as I thought. I think Fedor's gloves struck me as a bit cartoonish at first (no idea why) & that colored my perception a bit.

I'd love for EA to blow THQ outta the water, then take over THQ's contract w/ the UFC.
I hear ya, it would be great to have the UFC roster on an EA game, but this could be good for strikeforce too.

I also hear that you will be able to fight in many different arenas including rings, cages, and open areas, as well as being able to use Vale Tudo rules.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
I hear ya, it would be great to have the UFC roster on an EA game, but this could be good for strikeforce too.

I also hear that you will be able to fight in many different arenas including rings, cages, and open areas, as well as being able to use Vale Tudo rules.
Man, that'd be pretty tight.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
logrus

Quote:

EA is going all out for this MMA game, You will be able to upload footage of you trash talking to hype your fight, fights between players will actually be broadcast live for those selected at Random to do battle.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...A-Trailer.html

Actual real commentating as well lol, Nice
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
EA is going all out for this MMA game, You will be able to upload footage of you trash talking to hype your fight, fights between players will actually be broadcast live for those selected at Random to do battle.

http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post...A-Trailer.html

Actual real commentating as well lol, Nice
was watching EA talk about it yesterday, they are gonna start having premium online options for all there games for a monthly fee, didnt say much about what the fees would be but they already plan multiple packages (example there shooter games are in one package, football is seperate, mma is different, or a bundle kit where you get it all)

the premium MMA sounded great in theory, their main points being tournaments where players are selected at random and matched based on performance to compete for prizes, the part i cant quite figure out is that they plan to have real commentators and expect to have tons of players tuneing in to watch it the mock-PPV type event, i just dont see that turning out like they are saying it will