Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default I'm gettin audited!!!!!!!

I am in the environmental field at ADM here in Decatur. I take care of two different facilities.
And internal audit has given me the pleasure of auditing me this week!
I tell you what...having 4 guys follow you around all day for a week, taking all of your paperwork, questioning every move you make, etc...freaking SUX!!!!!!!!!!
I can't do anything this week. I only answer their questions, fetch them paperwork, or spreadsheets, etc. And i get to smile and take it the whole time.
I told my boss that i am getting drunk on Friday night!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:21 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,810
Default

Yikes! Less then 4 weeks to "d" day! I've got to get my taxes done I have to PAY

Thanks for reminding me Todd
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

this is the first time that i have ever had this done. Talk about frustrating!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Adia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

that sucks, Todd. I'm a teacher, I get audited on a regular basis. I once told my kids before a visit "Ignore the principal, he's just lonely"

It's no fun to be good at your job and still have someone scrutinizing your every move. I see the whole quality assurance, but it's irritating when it's happening to you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adia View Post
that sucks, Todd. I'm a teacher, I get audited on a regular basis. I once told my kids before a visit "Ignore the principal, he's just lonely"

It's no fun to be good at your job and still have someone scrutinizing your every move. I see the whole quality assurance, but it's irritating when it's happening to you
oh, it is far worse than just quality assurance. They look for anything that i could do wrong, and then turn it into the EPA...which in turn, they slap me with a big fat fine!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
TENNESSEAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I feel your pain buddy. my job is keeping natural gas pipelines and coal burning power plants in compliance with EPA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 AM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
I feel your pain buddy. my job is keeping natural gas pipelines and coal burning power plants in compliance with EPA
Yup...you know what i am talking about then!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,760
Default

You have my sympathies, Todd. Hopefully, you won't have to go through this again for several years!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddtodd76 View Post
I am in the environmental field at ADM here in Decatur. I take care of two different facilities.
And internal audit has given me the pleasure of auditing me this week!
I tell you what...having 4 guys follow you around all day for a week, taking all of your paperwork, questioning every move you make, etc...freaking SUX!!!!!!!!!!
I can't do anything this week. I only answer their questions, fetch them paperwork, or spreadsheets, etc. And i get to smile and take it the whole time.
I told my boss that i am getting drunk on Friday night!
its that time of year...we'll have TS soon...we got Stock Take next week
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
its that time of year...we'll have TS soon...we got Stock Take next week
What is stock take?
Reply With Quote