Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Jason 16

Default What is the best way to find BJJ tournament

I normaly only go to the ones that the team goes to but Iam planning on competeing alot this spring summer (30 or so matches)
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
I normaly only go to the ones that the team goes to but Iam planning on competeing alot this spring summer (30 or so matches)

We have a few local gyms in the area that are really good about posting info on different websites like facebook. Some of it is networking and even google can work for you if you set up good paramaters to search with. I know a lot of the guys here like to compete a lot more than the team does but we still try to always have someone go to corner and give support. I missed the last tourney and of course one of the guys from a sister gym got a nasty cut and required stitches and I wasn't there to use my cutman skillz.

~Amy
Old 02-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

http://www.usabjjtournaments.com/

Talk to some of the other local schools see what tourneys they are going to.. when you start going to unsanctioned tournaments.. sometimes the rules get "sketchey"....

I went to an open tournament once.. (karate)... got KTFO'ed with a roundhouse to the face...Of course the guy was DQ'ed... but that didn't make my face stop hurting...

Just be careful with where you compete and see who the governing body is.