Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Rev

Default Its Hog Time!!

Well, deer season is over and the hog problem is ever growing, so when one of you want to come down and kill some pigs for free, let me know and i will set it up.

We are going to be laying down the hunts on disc just for fun. My wife will be the first hunt I post(i hope).

Well yall come on down, bow hunting only.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
surveyorshawn

I may have to take you up on it! I haven't hunted all year due to injuries, work, etc.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Twinsmama

why do you guys only bow hunt them??

do you shoot bores?

we don't usually hog hunt. we trap them and then kill them. we only do that if we are going to have a bar b q where we need a whole hog. that way we can pick the best of the bunch and turn the rest loose. the bores get cut and turned loose or feed the buzzards. there are so many here. i actually had one in the middle of the night come root up my back yard!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:15 AM

Hey, for all you hog hunters, they are showing "Pig Bomb" on Discovery Channel (182 on DISH) if you're interested. Its about how huge these wild hogs have gotten and how aggressive and how they are overrunning their natural habitats destroying farm land, etc.... They just showed a 1,100 lb wild hog killed in, I believe, Fayetteville, GA in 2007.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Rev

We bow hunt in most of my stands because it is very close range and it increases the chance of killing more than one at a time. Yes we kill boars and no we dont eat all of them. Wild hogs are a pest down here and we dont consider what we are doing as sport hunting as much as exterminating. The farmers are begging us to kill or trap them so we are.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Twinsmama

the hogs are taking over down here too. they are tearing up farms and groves down here. even the local golf courses hire people to trap and shoot the hogs at night. if a golf course down here requests for you to exterminate their hogs you can even let the game wardens know when you are doing it and they will allow you to hunt at night w/ spotlight! (as long as they who you are and you stay at the one golf course)