Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 01-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Administrator

Default What have you watched recently?

Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:34 AM
philips4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.

I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:54 AM
TENNESSEAN

If making a choice between Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, see Avatar. It is one that you should see in the theater and in 3D.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?
Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:19 AM
philips4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.
Huh? Wasn't this thread to watch movies and comment on them? I'm confused and I'm not even blonde (with and "e" ha ha) I'm sure you are being ornery and a meanie to me but you crack me up anyway!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Stump Rules!

I think they wanted your "review" before they went and seen it that way it could have been avoided.BUT, my money would be on that they'd have went and seen it anyway so don't worry

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-04-2010, 03:30 AM
billwilliams70

I always watch "Man Vs Food", think that show's pretty cool. I'm lookin' forward to a few shows seasons premiers coming up soon.

Lost
LA Ink

Had no desire to see Sherlock Holmes, but I can't wait for "The Wolfman" with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benecio Del Toro.....maybe philips4 can tell me how it is.

Later.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
CAMPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Huh? Wasn't this thread to watch movies and comment on them? I'm confused and I'm not even blonde (with and "e" ha ha) I'm sure you are being ornery and a meanie to me but you crack me up anyway!
Ahhhh hahaha....Oh so funny you are
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
CAMPO

Well I recently watched Inglorious Basterds...ummmm what the heck?? It was "ok" - soooo strange!!! I know, I know...Quinten Terintino - but that was one heck of a bloody movie!! And I didn't like it when the girl died in the end b/c that jerk shot her!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

One of my top three favourite movies was on not so long ago....and with the weather outside...its quite apt.

I present you with the BEST scene of this particular movie below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6oKlbznFno

Give Me What I Want, and I'll Go Away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FPeFyMfHb0

It doesnt have a very happy ending...