Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Calling any computer expert

my patience is begining to run thin.

I have a new digital camcorder, it takes SD cards. it also takes videos.

When I shoot a video it lets me play the video back. The video looks spiffing. I hook it up to the computer. I set it to display what is on the card. it shows the file.

First question is an MPG-4 the same as an MP4 or not?

The first thing I notice about the icon is it has the stylized icon which says MPG-4 on it, and not a still from the film I've just recorded. So I select the "move file" function to get it onto the computer. This happens and the item appears on the hard-drive...but the Item does not dissapear from the card.

I go to then delete the original on the card and it bloody tells me the card is write protected...infact all THREE cards are. One which is brand new. I check to make sure the lock is off on the side. No effect. I try sticking the bar in place in case its loose or the card reader slot is slightly tight. No Effect. I have taken the lock of the Camara aswell. No Effect.

This wouldnt usually matter because I could just press the format button on the Camara and that will wipe the disk. BUT I have encountered a second problem, and I think that might be because ive tried to copy and/or move write protected stuff.

When I have the icon on the hard drive its set to run with two programmes. Quick time, and total media extreme. Both of which came on the CD of hardware to upload. I uploaded everything. When you try and play, the audio is patchy and jumpy and there is a square of blocked fuzzy colour. I thought perhaps it was just quicktime, sooo I tried it with total media extreme, exactly the same problem. So then I got a file converter to convert the file to MP3...and it let me do two mins for free, I played the result on Windows Media player. Might this be caused because of the write protection on the original. I tried to play from the card display on the computer, before the download and that also shows the block of colour and yet playback on the camara both before and after is perfect.

I am well pissed off about this. I've emailed the website, but they havent responded to me, tommorow lunch I will phone their hotline...if that doesnt work I'm taking it back...except I'm not convinced the problem lies with the camara...I still think it could be a setting on the computer?? or could it be this wretched write protection which I never put on but cant take off.

if anyone knows or has suggestions PLEASE actually respond to this
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

PM me Dave, I can help.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
PM me Dave, I can help.
oooooookay
Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

Sorry Dave...
I havent even put my sig pic back up

Not much help here
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Stump Rules!

I find that throwing it on the ground with all your might then stomping on it many many times while screaming obscenities works wonders

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I find that throwing it on the ground with all your might then stomping on it many many times while screaming obscenities works wonders

Unfortunately Dave's camcorder won the fight by referee stoppage due to cut.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
nah...I think doing that with the Busbi might have helpped it break down in the end for good

My Computer itself? Well the Keyboard is an old acorn keyboard thats about...twenty odd years old I think. I had to swap when I spilt my drink on my emachine keyboard and it wouldnt work. The Monitor is a Samtron and its relatively new, a couple of year, it was the last of the big screen monitors to be popular before the flat screen came out. The emachine hub was set up in September 2002....so its getting old...and Its got dints in the casing where I've been frustrated and kicked or punched it when it refused to work properly
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
PM me Dave, I can help.
Much experience with putting videos on the interwebs?

Perv.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Much experience with putting videos on the interwebs?

Perv.
I told yer mom NO, but she insisted.