Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Jens is back!

From MMAJunkie.com

Quote:
Although retirement from mixed martial arts seemed inevitable following his loss to Josh Grispi in May, Jens Pulver apparently will fight again.

The former UFC champion and early MMA superstar on late Sunday confirmed he is preparing for another fight.

"Tomorrow I start training camp," he posted in his official Facebook profile.

Additionally, according to a report from AOL Fanhouse, Pulver recently sought treatment for anxiety and depression. The medication proved so beneficial that it prompted the 34-year-old to relocate to Idaho to start a training camp and come out of an unofficial retirement.

The fighter has not been booked for a specific WEC event, a source close to Pulver told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Pulver, the first lightweight champion in UFC history, lost four consecutive fights and six of his past seven following the 33-second submission loss to Grispi at WEC 41 in June. The event took place in Sacramento, and Pulver hinted in a post-fight interview that it would be his final fight.

"I started right here, and I'm not going to be that guy who keeps saying he's retiring," Pulver said at the time. "But I think I just ended where I started. I love all you guys.

"This has been an incredible run. And I'm not saying I'm done yet, but it's been incredible. ... I'm going to tell you guys, thank you for making an old man feel good."

Pulver (22-12-1), a decorated collegiate wrestler who graduated from the underground fight scene to a professional MMA debut at the Bas Rutten Invitational event series, joined the UFC in 1999 and fought Alfonso Alcarez to a draw at UFC 22. However, he'd soon find his stride and become one of the organization's top stars. He won the UFC lightweight belt in 2001 but would relinquish the title to fight overseas.

Pulver returned to the UFC in 2007 to coach opposite rival B.J. Penn on the fifth season of "The Ultimate Fighter." However, after a loss to Penn in the show's live finale, Pulver headed to the WEC, the UFC's sister promotion, but he had little success after dropping to the featherweight division. After opening his WEC stint with a win over Cub Swanson, he suffered a unanimous-decision loss to then-WEC featherweight champ Urijah Faber. It was the start of his current four-fight losing streak.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
GnP

Dave may wet himself with excitment
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP View Post
Dave may wet himself with excitment
Shhhhh, I'm testing a theory here: will Dave's Jens-dar go off & make him leave work early to rush home & read this thread?

Similarly, will Max's anti-Jens-dar go off fast enough for him to get back first & say something that pisses Dave off?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:05 PM
chunk liddell

I hope he comes back an kicks some ass!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Krupp

Jens has been one of my favorites since I started watching mma...I'm worried for him now man. I didn't want him to come back. I would've been happy if he officially retired.

But since I'm obviously not in his position, and therefore have no say in what he can and can't do, War Jens. Let's hope he gets out there and KO's someone brutally or something.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
atomdanger

Come on Jens, pull some wins.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Similarly, will Max's anti-Jens-dar go off fast enough for him to get back first & say something that pisses Dave off?
yep, Im picking whoever Jens fights and I bet Jens does not even make it out of round 1

Im just playing, I hope Jens does well, if this ends up being his last fight I really hope he goes out with a win.

Most of my anti Jens talk is really just to get under Dave's skin. I dont think I have rooted against him since he fought BJ.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
yep, Im picking whoever Jens fights and I bet Jens does not even make it out of round 1
That's what I was waiting for!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's what I was waiting for!!
if you are going to quote me at least quote the stuff that i wrote in white as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM

VCURamFan, perhaps you could post this in the Jens Pulver Appreciation Social Group Page. It is empty at the moment.