Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 01-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default Forum members ... SOUND OFF!!

It was nice for new members to be able to go back and read about who it is they are posting with. Often I saw a new member have some nice dialog with one of the vets and the very next moment they were searching the "intro" section to learn a little bit about the person. Since they won't have that now .. all the vets tell a little bit about yourself in here!! SOUND OFF!!!

I'll start ... <clears throut>

Hi ... I'm Boomer. I was born in Illinois, raised in Texas and now live in Virginia. I'm 33 and have had a few careers in my short life. From 18 to 23 I worked in a church, then at 23 I joined the Marine Corps. I did one tour with the Corps, got out at 28 and landed a job working for the Federal Government. I've been to about 16 coutries in my life and love to travel and love watching both ametuer and professional MMA. As a matter of fact MMA is the only sport I have ever loved.

I saw UFC 52 live and became an instant Matt fan .... the more I found out about him, the more I liked the the guy and over the course of the past few years he's become a pretty good buddy. Actually I got a few good buddies from this site. ;)

Last edited by Boomer; 03-29-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Max

Hi Im Max and Im the biggest BJ Penn fan on the site (next to Dave of corse ) ummmmmm what else.......I live in Virginia and go to ODU. Before going to ODU I worked at a bank for 3 years. I can be kind of an @$$ at times, mostly when arguing with Dave. Did I mention Im a huge BJ Penn fan.

Oh and Im also the 16 time defending Matt-Hughes.com forum champion
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 AM
mikthehick

I'll try to make this short....I actually joined the old MH forums over a year ago...anyway, my name is Kim, mik is my name backwards, and I was born in North Carolina, where apparently redneck jokes were born...yea ya get the idea...anyway....

Grew up on Marine Corp bases, which makes me 100% USDA-grade military brat, I love to shoot my BB Gun, ride and train horses, read, hang out on the beaches of my home state, bake, and watch MMA. My friend got me into MMA a few years ago, with, you guessed it, Matt Hughes, and now I'm training at a gym in Charlottesville, VA.

How did I end up there?

Well, went to UVA, hated it, then I got saved, joined a church, and ended up staying. And 3 jobs, 3 years, and a hop and a skip later, I'm still here, now pursuing a Master's degree in counseling, working full time, training MMA, walking my doggies, and riding horses when I can. I also plan to travel a ton this year. Msge me if ya wanna know anything else, but that covers it all. I look forward to meeting the newbies
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 AM
chum567

hello....my name is stephanie and i go to troy university here in alabama.....i played sports my whole life and i enjoy doing outdoors type things...i also love music and movies and just having a good time....i love auburn football and braves baseball and of course matt hughes
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 AM

Hi, My name is Mark and I'm not quite a vet and not quite a newbie. I am a HUGE MMA fan, and a big Matt Hughes fan. This forum has only strenghtened my fandom for the Mr. Hughes. I've gotten to meet several forum members and let me tell you that you won't find a stronger, more supportive group. We fight like family and we lift eachother up like family.
I was born and raised on a grain farm in Indiana and now live in Queens New York with my wife of 5 years.
WELCOME, NEW FRIENDS
Old 01-22-2009, 03:35 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I'm Neezar and I'm a Matt-a-holic.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Hi Neezar
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Not to mention a total rambler-on! Sheesh, let someone else get a word in

[
Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Hi, My name is Mark and I'm not quite a vet and not quite a newbie. I am a HUGE MMA fan, and a big Matt Hughes fan. This forum has only strenghtened my fandom for the Mr. Hughes. I've gotten to meet several forum members and let me tell you that you won't find a stronger, more supportive group. We fight like family and we lift eachother up like family.
I was born and raised on a grain farm in Indiana and now live in Queens New York with my wife of 5 years.
WELCOME, NEW FRIENDS
I used to live in Jennings County Indiana! I was actually born in Carrollton Kentucky USA! When I was real young my Folks moved for a little while down to Knott County Kentucky where my Dad is from. Then unfortunately they moved up to Southern Indiana where I went to school. I did not like Indiania to good! Almost four years after getting married me,the wife and the 2 kids moved to the Carol county/Trimble county Kentucky area. We moved for a couple years to Knott county then Pulaski county. Now unfortunately we are back up in Trimble county even though alot of times I wish we were still down in South East Kentucky! I miss the Appalachians! Anyhow as Y'All have probably figured out by now I also happen to be straight,male and white! Just thought I would throw that in for some reason!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Stump Rules!

!

http://stumpdotcom.com/