Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Mir: Lesnar would crush Fedor

Wow, I really never thought I'd hear that coming from Mir of all people. He's obviously got a lot of respect for Brock's abilities.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...or?eref=fromSI

Quote:
Mir: Lesnar would crush Fedor

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir has, for the most part, kept quiet following his loss to current champion Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, but Mir recently spoke with Xtreme Radio about the loss to Brock, his potential fight with Cheick Kongo, and how he thinks Fedor would fare against Lesnar. Though we may never see the fight take place, Mir was asked if he thought Fedor Emelianenko could beat Brock Lesnar. "In a cage no. In a boxing ring, possibly," said Mir. Mir also outlined why he doesn't think Fedor would be too successful in the UFC. "In a boxing ring, when you're taken down, you can scoot from under the ropes, you can survive. In a cage, you better be able to get back up, or you're gonna get crushed. He would get crushed against Brock."
Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Wow, I really never thought I'd hear that coming from Mir of all people. He's obviously got a lot of respect for Brock's abilities.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...or?eref=fromSI
either that or dana is in his ear...It is fishy that several ufc fighters are sort of putting down fedor
Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
either that or dana is in his ear...It is fishy that several ufc fighters are sort of putting down fedor
Stop thinking so much. You are probaly right though.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

cuz mir has fought fedor??? you are gonna see a lot of this .... ufc guys talking stuff to get fedor to fight in the ufc ....
Old 08-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Krupp

I think Mir's head's still feeling the effects of Brock's hammer blows...

If the fight goes to the ground, Fedor doesn't need to get back up. He'll just slap that infamous armbar of his on Brock and win that way. You really can't faze him or scare him with a vicious ground and pound assault. I honestly wish I could say otherwise, because I'd really love to see someone challenge Fedor, but I think this is the truth.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
I think Mir's head's still feeling the effects of Brock's hammer blows...

If the fight goes to the ground, Fedor doesn't need to get back up. He'll just slap that infamous armbar of his on Brock and win that way. You really can't faze him or scare him with a vicious ground and pound assault. I honestly wish I could say otherwise, because I'd really love to see someone challenge Fedor, but I think this is the truth.
Totally disagree... I've said a few dozen times on here that styles make fights... I think Brock (who I can't stand) would take Fedor. Do you remember what Hong Man Choi (sp?) did to Fedor on the ground? Fedor couldn't deal with his size and strength. Fedor was getting tagged left and right... Brock, like him or not, could probably control anybody on the ground... his sub defense is getting better... I think he could take Fedor on the ground.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:54 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Exactly, Mr White controls a little more than who these guys fight.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:34 AM

Fedor takes Brock anywhere. I don't think there is a place in reality that Brock even stands a chance vs somoene with as much talen as Fedor.

I'm a Mir fanboy but I think he needs to let his brain recoup before talking lol.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Fedor takes Brock anywhere. I don't think there is a place in reality that Brock even stands a chance vs somoene with as much talen as Fedor.

I'm a Mir fanboy but I think he needs to let his brain recoup before talking lol.
I agree with all you said.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Chuck

Quote:
I think it's just the sign of the times... since the demise of PRIDE Fedor hasn't fought top level competition and people are getting tired of it.

Fedor Myth > Fedor