Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2009, 07:48 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Heard about the employee free choice act!

First the name is extremely misleading cause it does away with the employee's secret ballot! So if and when you vote on a Union the Union Folks will be right their to see how you vote. I tried to EMail my thoughts on this to one of my Senators but it didn't go through.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Sounds to me as if they're trying to discourage union participation and encouraging people to speak for themselves instead of paying others to speak for them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Sounds to me as if they're trying to discourage union participation and encouraging people to speak for themselves instead of paying others to speak for them.

You mean...... personal RESPONSIBILITY????? eeeEEEEeeeeeKKKK!!!!!

While I understand why Unions are still around, I would like to think that we have moved past the need for most.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
You mean...... personal RESPONSIBILITY????? eeeEEEEeeeeeKKKK!!!!!
Well, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2008, 87.6% of the population understands that philosophy. We just need to get the remaining 12.4% to follow suit. However, there was a slight increase in labor membership, probably due to the current economic situation. So that makes sense, money is tough to come by, so you pay somebody else to talk for you. I don't get it.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm
Quote:
UNION MEMBERS IN 2008

In 2008, union members accounted for 12.4 percent of employed wage and salary workers, up from 12.1 percent a year earlier, the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

With the exception of pipe fitters, electricians, machinists, or mill rights. All other unions are bogus. Unless you have an actual trade, you should get paid the same as everyone else. For example, in our area, there are union warehousemen making $28.00 an hour for driving forklift trucks and putting material away. That is absolutely lame!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.