Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Default Is BJ asking for a rematch?

'All Mr. Penn wanted to have on Jan. 31 is a fair and just bout and he continues to seek a fair and just encounter with Georges St. Pierre'

this was from the letter sent to the NSAC
Old 02-05-2009, 07:36 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
'All Mr. Penn wanted to have on Jan. 31 is a fair and just bout and he continues to seek a fair and just encounter with Georges St. Pierre'

this was from the letter sent to the NSAC
Ummmm...maybe? I think his management is trying to set it up, but who knows where BJ's head's at right now.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 AM

GSP has beat him twice, I don't think they'd give him another shot. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Sheesh, GSP kicked Matt TWICE in the, um, groin and Matt just went on with the fight. Now BJ is accusing GSP of being too lubricated? They do check that before the fighter enters the octagon, don't they?? I wish he would just accept his loss, I'm no expert but he looked absolutely gassed the last round.

Here's the latest, GSP hasn't commented yet...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...n-request.html
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo
GSP has beat him twice, I don't think they'd give him another shot. It sounds like sour grapes to me. Sheesh, GSP kicked Matt TWICE in the, um, groin and Matt just went on with the fight. Now BJ is accusing GSP of being too lubricated? They do check that before the fighter enters the octagon, don't they?? I wish he would just accept his loss, I'm no expert but he looked absolutely gassed the last round.

Here's the latest, GSP hasn't commented yet...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...n-request.html
well in fairness, flo, GSP's corner was caught twice, rubbing vaseline on his chest, shoulders and back. they had to wipe it off twice. that won't get rid of the vaseline though. soap and water will. no one told Penn's corner until after the fight, that GSP was, in fact, using vaseline on his body.

and Matt has come out and said, i believe it was 2 years ago originally, that GSP felt greasy or slippery.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. That is kind of discouraging, I didn't notice that during the fight (well, that's why I like to read the comments here - I wasn't on the forum that night). I thought GSP had too much integrity to try and get an unfair advantage that way.

Kinda changes things...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of BJ Penn too. Which is why his letter to the NSAC surprised me.)
Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. That is kind of discouraging, I didn't notice that during the fight (well, that's why I like to read the comments here - I wasn't on the forum that night). I thought GSP had too much integrity to try and get an unfair advantage that way.

Kinda changes things...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of BJ Penn too. Which is why his letter to the NSAC surprised me.)
Ya, just cause u wipe vaso off with a towel don't mean its fully gone and when u start sweating its almost as bad..
Far as a rematch I'm not sure anyone will be excited to see this at all. BJ just looked aweful from rd1 on imo..BJ is a great fighter,but thats being at 155lb division where he seems naturally bigger than most of them.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 PM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
well in fairness, flo, GSP's corner was caught twice, rubbing vaseline on his chest, shoulders and back. they had to wipe it off twice. that won't get rid of the vaseline though. soap and water will. no one told Penn's corner until after the fight, that GSP was, in fact, using vaseline on his body.

and Matt has come out and said, i believe it was 2 years ago originally, that GSP felt greasy or slippery.
Wiping Vaseline off with a towel is difficult when its cold, but put it on a human body and it warms up and becomes very thin and is easily wiped off with a towel.

Goat all your arguments are pure supposition based soley on your lack of knowledge in regards to:

1. how much if any Vaseline was applied to GSP's back( you are not Nurse and you do not know how much was still present on his hands....if any.)

2. How much if any was actually wiped off, unless you were actually there your argument holds no water.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Straight Right

Vasoline or not. Does BJ really expect the outcome to be any different if they squared off again? He is fighting outside of his natural weight and giving up 20-30 pounds of lean muscle mass to a guy that is getting better all the time. Even on the feet GSP was getting off first and landing at will. GSP is one of the only guys that can take BJ down, my guess is that isn't going to change. I don't want to see this fight a third time. BJ looked tired and slow at 170, well not even...at 168 lbs, he's 1-3 at welterweight. He should just stay at lightweight and be dominant there.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
Wiping Vaseline off with a towel is difficult when its cold, but put it on a human body and it warms up and becomes very thin and is easily wiped off with a towel.

Goat all your arguments are pure supposition based soley on your lack of knowledge in regards to:

1. how much if any Vaseline was applied to GSP's back( you are not Nurse and you do not know how much was still present on his hands....if any.)

2. How much if any was actually wiped off, unless you were actually there your argument holds no water.
yours is pure supposition since the NSAC felt there was enough put on him to be illegal. the NSAC had to come in not once, but twice to rub it off. and the head of the NSAC has said that BJ wasn't given a fair fight.

my argument needs no water, the video speaks for itself. the other fighters now coming forward speaks for itself and the NSAC certainly speak for themselves.

it is irrelevant if it was rubbed off, wiped off, fact is he cheated by having on him and needing it to be removed twice.

and no one told BJ until after the fight that GSP was greasing. if they had, maybe they would have asked for BJ to rubbed down too.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Ummmm...maybe? I think his management is trying to set it up, but who knows where BJ's head's at right now.
I am sure GSP's knuckle prints are still on his face...