Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

View Poll Results: who wins?
The Spider 16 47.06%
Hendo 18 52.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 AM
que

Default Hendo vs The Spider Rematch - Who wins?

so now it's official, hendo gets the next title shot at anderson silva. post your predictions of the rematch
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 AM
atomdanger

Henderson hasn't shown improvement,
his wins over Palhares and Franklin were less than impressive to most people,
and although the shot to Bisbing was good, Bisbing was circling into his power and and Hendo won't be able to stalk wide open at Anderson like that.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Josh

I said Hendo but I admit some of that is just my bias. He controlled Anderson for one round but I kind of doubt he can do it for 5, or for that matter avoid being KO'd. I think he wins the clinch game with Anderson but the reach is going to hurt him. Screw it Hendo for the win!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM
TheConcretekid

I think Silva will be less complacent coming into this fight. He'll train harder and, if the thought of being controlled by Hendo in the last fight worries him a little, we may even see an improved Silva.

Although which Silva shows up will depend on how his fight with Forrest goes.
If he gets rocked or hurt or KOed by Forrest will he be 100% mentally and physically coming into this fight?
If he destroys Forrest will he return to complacency?
Will Forrest find a hole in his game much like the leg kicks with Rampage?
Will Silva concentrate on training for Hendo's wrestling, only to find Hendo has concentrated his training on his hands, kinda sorta like Mir vs Nog?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Hendo came into the cage without no warm up and fought two title fights, it was a lot of pressure and i think he will be in a lot better posistion to give Anderson more trouble this time.

His championship pedigree and record, and recent streak dictates that he earns another shot and out of all the challengers, only Dan Henderson for me posseses all the best tools to dethrone the spider.

Can't wait for this one!

Close fight but i believe Hendo could pull it off!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:10 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I said Hendo but I admit some of that is just my bias. He controlled Anderson for one round but I kind of doubt he can do it for 5, or for that matter avoid being KO'd. I think he wins the clinch game with Anderson but the reach is going to hurt him. Screw it Hendo for the win!

Not sure where this idea that round one was good for Hendo comes from. He won it but by doing nothing he took Anderson down with 2.30 ish left on the clock and did not manage to advance his position or hurt Anderson once. He laid and prayed throwing the odd hammer-fist until about 20 seconds left in the round.

Then the minute Hendo tried to throw a big shot in round two Anderson took it and rocked him leading to the end of the fight.

I think Anderson takes this one within three rounds and total domination.

Last edited by GnP; 08-03-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Not sure where this idea that round one was good for Hendo comes from. He won it but by doing nothing he took Anderson down with 2.30 ish left on the clock and did not manage to advance his position or hurt Anderson once. He laid and prayed throwing the odd hammer-fist until about 20 seconds left in the round.

Then the minute Hendo tried to through a big shot in round two Anderson took and rocked him leading to the end of the fight.

I think Anderson takes this one within three rounds and total domination.
This delivers.

Exactly my thoughts, everybody brings up this one round.
It was sad, he couldn't do ANYTHING.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

he did what GSP does....takedown, LnP and mix in some GnP. he won the round easy and could win the fight next time if he's patient and sticks to the plan, because Silva isn't getting up unless the ref calls stalling.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:17 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Henderson hasn't shown improvement,
his wins over Palhares and Franklin were less than impressive to most people,
and although the shot to Bisbing was good, Bisbing was circling into his power and and Hendo won't be able to stalk wide open at Anderson like that.
Sure, but he was fighting a idiot. Hendersons style was completely dumbed down for one reason, to knock Bispings head off. Hendersons first meeting with Anderson showed if he sticks to his game plan, he can beat Anderson.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Henderson takes it if he doesn't engage and throw 4 or 5 punch combos consistently. just be patient like he was in round 1 in their first fight . use dirty boxing and wrestling.