Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-31-2009, 12:13 AM
atomdanger

Default Fedor Emelianenko was not offered $30 million, six-fight UFC contract …

Quote:
http://mmamania.com/2009/07/30/fedor...-ufc-contract/

“I can say that the guaranteed — and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here — the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before. The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered…. And there were a number of provisions attached to that offer that made it very much less interesting. We made it clear that Fedor, now and forever is part, even part owner, of M-1 and those two cannot be separated. If the rest of M-1 is excluded from any kind of deal, it makes the deal difficult…. We had a very professional, productive and respectful meeting with the UFC. I think both parties walked away (knowing) even though a deal wasn’t made, that a very decent meeting was had.”

Interesting.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 AM
rearnakedchoke

the UFC will justify it as saying that he was offered a cut of the ppv's which undoubtedly would have added up to 30 mil ...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 AM
Hughes_GOAT

K-1 will co-promote with M-1 and possibly Strikeforce. if the UFC won't co-promote, then Fedor will go to one of those 2.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
K-1 will co-promote with M-1 and possibly Strikeforce. if the UFC won't co-promote, then Fedor will go to one of those 2.

Oh yea, no doubt, but at the end of the day, none of those Orgs are anywhere near as stacked as the UFC. I think I'm like everybody else in that we're tired of seeing Fedor fight guys that "used" to be top contenders. I'd still like to see the Josh B fight and even Fedor beat the crap out of Alistair Overeem. Other then that, I'm tired of seeing Fedor wasting away.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Chuck

If Fedor isn't careful he's going to end up like the best Quarterback in the CFL...

A big fish in an average sized pond but until he's in the UFC he'll never be the biggest fish in the biggest pond.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:02 AM
atomdanger

I could see

Fedor / Rogers
Fedor / Overeem
Fedor / Werdum

After that in Strikeforce I have no clue who he would fight.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
If Fedor isn't careful he's going to end up like the best Quarterback in the CFL...

A big fish in an average sized pond but until he's in the UFC he'll never be the biggest fish in the biggest pond.
Sometimes it may be enough for someone to be the best fish in their own pond.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT

before Pride collapsed, it was the big show, not the UFC. Fedor was the man there and he's still the man now. he's ranked #1 across the board. all the other #1 guys at 155 to 205, are UFC. basically, Fedor is so good that he stays #1 without stepping foot inside the Octagon. Sylvia and AA haven't looked good since Fedor finished them because he took their souls and made them gun shy. they were #6 and #3 at HW in the world when they faced Fedor. Barnett was #2, so Fedor has been facing top guys.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Oh yea, no doubt, but at the end of the day, none of those Orgs are anywhere near as stacked as the UFC. I think I'm like everybody else in that we're tired of seeing Fedor fight guys that "used" to be top contenders. I'd still like to see the Josh B fight and even Fedor beat the crap out of Alistair Overeem. Other then that, I'm tired of seeing Fedor wasting away.
I honestly don't want to see anything other than Fedor / Brock in the UFC.

and in that case I don't even imagine Brock winning,
I just want to shut people up.
I don't think the UFC has a bunch of guys who pose serious threats to Fedor,
but in fairness I don't think any HW poses serious threats to Fedor.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:29 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I honestly don't want to see anything other than Fedor / Brock in the UFC.

and in that case I don't even imagine Brock winning,
I just want to shut people up.
I don't think the UFC has a bunch of guys who pose serious threats to Fedor,
but in fairness I don't think any HW poses serious threats to Fedor.
this delivers!