Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-24-2009, 12:07 AM
DonnaMaria

Default Please explain!

I've waited all day for someone else to start this thread!

The President's speech last night, Health Care Reform..........?!?!?!?

So........I'm a teacher........and I LIKE my health insurance plan...........

so I will get to keep it? As long as my Board of Education keeps our plan?

People who have existing plans won't change? People without plans will be covered?

yes?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Stump Rules!

I didn't listen that closely however, it sounds like nothing changes. We, the tax payers,our health care stays the same. People that don't pay taxes, or even have jobs....we still pay for Maybe I missed something?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 AM

I've been listening to some of this tonight and it sounds like Obama is trying to make it sound like nothing will change for those who want to keep their own insurance, but others are saying that is not so. The people against this plan say private plans will not be able to compete with this low cost government plan. One lady put it really well, the two plans being offered (I guess Obama's and the Democrats which she read) are great for "healthy" people just not great for sick people. Obama is saying all these diseases and medical conditions (diabetes, cancer, heart and lung problems, etc.) are preventable. He's not taking into account genetics, diseases like MS, etc... that people have no control over. I just found out I have lung cancer. I have never smoked a day in my life. Their is cancer however on both sides of my family. So where would I fit into Obama's plan if he's successful in getting it passed. Plus, they say (as usual) there are other things tacked onto this so-called wonder health care plan besides the health care that is costing this trillions of $.

Like Nate and others are saying, beware of these so-called "freebies". It looks like we'd be paying for them by giving up our freedom to "choose" what we want. By the way, it looks like the president and congress have excluded themselves from this wonderful health care plan from what I've heard. If it's so great, why aren't they leading the pack starting with the President by actually using it themselves.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
DonnaMaria

oh wow..........

well if he all about "prevention" then everyone in NJ will have to move to another state. We have horrible air and water pollution and every 20 minutes a child is diagnosed with Autism.

There is a theory that Autism is connected to pollution and other environmental factors. NJ and CA have the highest Autism rates in the entire US.

Bonnie I am so sorry to hear about your troubles! I will be praying for your recovery!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
County Mike

According to my mom (nurse) the high autism rate is caused by the vaccinations most kids are getting these days.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
According to my mom (nurse) the high autism rate is caused by the vaccinations most kids are getting these days.

This has been proven untrue.

From time to time, rumors circulate that thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative once used in several vaccines (and still used in some flu vaccine), could contribute to ASDs. However, valid scientific studies have shown there is no link. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), the CDC, and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) agree that science does not support a link between thimerosal in vaccines and autism. For the IOM report, please go to http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3793/4705/4717.aspx

From: http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases...arentfacts.htm

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria

People who have existing plans won't change?

yes?
that is correct