Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Mayweather dissing the UFC again!

He sure loves the publicity:

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi57gh_RrGs

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cag...urn=mma,177541
Quote:
Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:50 pm EDT

Mayweather: Whites needed a fight sport, so they invented MMA

By Steve Cofield

The showdown is set for September 19th. The self-annointed pay-per-view king of boxing Floyd Mayweather is going to head-to-head against UFC 103 in Dallas. Who wins the battle? Mayweather or a UFC card without a UFC championship fight on it?

Mayweather's been a lot more anti-MMA recently. Is there a reason behind it? He talks with CBSSports here saying MMA is for animals and it was created because whites can't excel in boxing (1:47 mark)

"In boxing, we know who's dominating. Black fighters and Hispanic fighers is dominating in this sport. And this is not a racial statement but there's no white fighters in boxing that's dominating, so they had to go to something else and start something new."
For a guy who claims to be such a smart businessman, IMO he's not very smart trying to compete for PPV time on the same night as UFC 103. Plus, the majority of PPV buyers are white guys and here he is, hating directly on white guys. Oh the irony!

I thought it was funny back in 2007 when Mayweather dissed MMA:
http://mmamania.com/2007/03/31/ufc-q...s-mma-liddell/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“UFC ain’t ****. It ain’t but a fad. Anyone can put a tattoo on their head and get in a street fight. We should put Liddell against a good heavyweight, under Mayweather Promotions, and if Chuck wins, then I’ll give him a million dollars out of my own pocket. These are guys who couldn’t make it in boxing. So they do (MMA). Boxing is the best sport in the world and it’s here to stay.”
Shortly after, Dana issued a challenge to Mayweather to fight, then UFC lightweight champ Sean Sherk:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana White
“I used to talk like Floyd Mayweather when I was involved in boxing. I talked just like him, until I educated myself about this sport. These guys are amazing athletes, Floyd Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, (and) Sean Sherk will whoop his ass in under two minutes. Any day that Mayweather wants to put his money and his ass where his mouth is, I’m ready. If he wants to step up, let’s do it. I’m willing to put together a fight for Sean Sherk and Floyd Mayweather with numbers that would make sense for Floyd. And I guarantee you he would not accept it. Floyd Mayweather would never fight in the UFC because he would get his head ripped off.“
Floyd quickly made an apology. Guess he was terrified after watching Sherk manhandle Florian:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“I apologize to the UFC, sometimes we say things that we shouldn’t have said and I’m man enough to admit that. I apologize to the Fertittas, Lorenzo and Dana White (UFC owners). I respect MMA fighters and what they do in the UFC. I have no plans of fighting in mixed martial arts.”
Guess Floyd has changed his mind once again about the UFC. Maybe Dana will offer him the opportunity to fight BJ Penn!

Last edited by rockdawg21; 07-21-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Crisco

lol I hate this guy.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:51 PM
MMA_Fan

It's people like Mayweather that has ruined boxing for millions of fans. I used to love boxing! I just can't stand the corruptness of it all now. From the managers to the promoters to the judges to the fighters. The slime is from top to bottom now and I for one won't support it. I hope one day Mayweather takes Dana's challenge and gets his head knocked off.

(And I hope what happened to Tim Sylvia against Ray Mercer doesn't happen to whomever fights Mayweather)
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Preach

Thats Money Mayweather to you uneducated MMA fans lol
Old 07-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Miss Foxy

Very freakin' tacky...
Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Rev

What an idiot! I would love to fight this guy in mma. I would like to see him take 2 leg kicks and then see how bad he is. I mean good leg kicks.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
What an idiot! I would love to fight this guy in mma. I would like to see him take 2 leg kicks and then see how bad he is. I mean good leg kicks.
I wouldn't try and stand with him haha single leg followed by knee bar. Probably try the uchi mata if i'm feelin gangsta
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Jason 16

boxing needs more people like micky ward and ricky hatton
Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Crisco

You can't be racist or commit hate crimes if your black. Wasn't this established in a thread prior to this?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You can't be racist or commit hate crimes if your black. Wasn't this established in a thread prior to this?

yes