Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Mir's Advice to Lesnar at UFC 100

Mir's pretty confident with his standup after KOing Nog. The difference is, Lesnar is faster than Nog, has a longer reach than Mir, and isn't just going to stand there and let somebody hit him.

http://news.gofightlive.tv/?p=4983
Quote:
MIR’S ADVICE TO LESNAR AT UFC 100, “COME AFTER ME - TAKE A CHANCE”
June 30th, 2009
by GFL

Las Vegas, NV (USA) — Following a grueling workout at Striking Unlimited last week Friday, UFC Interim Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir sat down with the sports media in Las Vegas to talk UFC 100.

Mir gave advice to UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar, stating the strategy he used against him the first time around might just work the second.

“If Brock really comes out and tries to abandon the running at me, heads over heels and just trying to knock, bull rush me over, I honestly think that’s his best approach,” said Mir, with a black shine circling his eye. “I would just come after me - take a chance, ’cause to sit there and play the cat and mouse game with me, and jab and slip and move around, I think that’s a slow death for him that he can’t possibly win.”
Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I honestly don't think Brock cares what Mir suggests, although I'm going to die laughing if Brock does bull rush him & put him out quick!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Mir is just playing mind games. he knows Brock will decide where the fight goes, not him.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Mir is just playing mind games. he knows Brock will decide where the fight goes, not him.
This is true. He even admitted it in an interview a few months back. Probably doesn't matter who in the UFC Brock fights, if he wants it standing or on the ground, it's all up to him. Shane Carwin maybe, but seeing how easy Gonzaga got him on the ground, I think it'd be easy for Brock to put Carwin on his back as well. Although Carwin got up, there's no doubt Brock is a more powerful wrestler than Gonzaga and Carwin. I'm dying to see a Carwin/Lesnar matchup after Brock whoops Mir!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:06 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Mir needs to learn that it wont work against Brock, it didn't in his years as a real wrestler or pro wrestler. I think we are going to see an even better Brock then we did when he fought Randy.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

My advise to Mir would be, Don't let Brock hit you!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
Yeah, pretty much. I really don't think that Frank has progressed as much as Frank thinks he has. I don't doubt that he's gotten better & that he's more confident, but I don't think he's really 100x better now like he's been preaching. Similarly, I don't expect Brock to come out & be a black belt in BJJ with KO power in every limb, but I do think that he's worked on his weak areas (especially kneebars) & will be looking for payback in this fight.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
My advise to Mir would be, "Don't show up!"