Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-30-2009, 04:01 AM

Default Gun Control laws working in Chicago!

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago...2.1063832.html

Quote:
Six Men Shot Dead In 24 Hours In Chicago
Several Others Shot Or Stabbed And Wounded
Since April 1982 it has been illegal to purchase or register any handgun within the city of Chicago. How is that working for you, Chicago?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Of course gun control works! It makes the criminals job a whole lot easier!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

How do you think they get those guns? From the same people smuggling drugs into the country. If they can't stop the drugs, they can't stop the guns.

Saying gun control laws work is like saying Dana White is a gentleman.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

It doesn't help when you can get guns all around the place ... Gun Laws work well when you can't get them or it is very hard to get them. Since you can access guns legally and illegally pretty much anywhere in the US, you are still going to have gun violence .. America has one of the highest gun-related crime or death rates in the world ... Here in Canada, we have strict laws on guns, but the gun-related violence is on the rise .. most of the guns that are causing the crimes are illegal guns from the US. it is so difficult to get them here that the ones who go through the trouble to get them are the ones who want them for hunting/sport etc ...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Has anyone else noticed that the highest crime rates seem to be in the areas with the strictest gun control laws? I don't think that's a coincidence.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Crisco

I'm all for gun control.

Everyone please turn your guns and ammo over to me and I'll proceed to take over the world using your guns against you.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Has anyone else noticed that the highest crime rates seem to be in the areas with the strictest gun control laws? I don't think that's a coincidence.
You mean within the US right?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, I think it goes more to population than anything.

The more people you put into a small area, the more problems you are going to have. I am all for less strict gun laws, but in big cities, a lot of the laws do make sense. Now, does it mean that the laws actually stop people from carrying guns and committing crimes? No, it doesn't, but it does give us the power to punish those who get caught, which is important.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Chris Wescott

Default Control?

So they want to take away our right to defend ourselves as upstanding law abiding citizens. Meanwhile criminals and these low life scums buy fire arms on the black market and suddenly the bad guys are armed and the good guys are not.

I think that is upside down logic. Guys we can not sit back and let this type of thing happen.

How bout the good guys being required to own and train with fire arms, more law enforcement to shut down the black market, and low life types not allowed to purchase, own or handle fire arms.

Doesn't make better sense?
-Chris (who proudly goes to the rifle range to train weekly)
Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago...2.1063832.html

Since April 1982 it has been illegal to purchase or register any handgun within the city of Chicago. How is that working for you, Chicago?
has gun regulation really been around that long???

I thought people were blaming Obama for wanting to steal their guns....Obama would have been a teenager back then surely