Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 05-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Pacman/Hitman ***SPOILERS***

Rnd 1 -

Hatton knocked down by a right hook with only a minute left! Pacman's laying it on. Ricky leveled AGAIN with 7sec left! HUGE 1st for Manny!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:40 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Rnd 1 -

Hatton knocked down by a right hook with only a minute left! Pacman's laying it on. Ricky leveled AGAIN with 7sec left! HUGE 1st for Manny!!!!
Make it twice in round 1.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 AM
logrus

Its over llmao
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 AM
logrus

An this folks is why I don't buy boxing cards lol
Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
An this folks is why I don't buy boxing cards lol
I think it's funny that people say that crap every time we see an early KO in a boxing match, but when that happens in MMA they call it "exciting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
It took Floyd 10 rounds what Manny did in 2 lol
Okay, well I just watched the fight and that is hardly a fair way to look at it. Hatton looked like complete crap against Manny. He moved slow as hell and had no footwork or head movement. When he fought Floyd he was actually moving well in the beginning. Obviously training with Mayweather Sr. did not garner the pay-off he expected it would. Or he just didn't listen, which seems likely considering Floyd Sr was yelling at Ricky that he should have listened to him from day 1 in between rounds. Who the hell knows. Regardless, that was not the same Ricky Hatton who fought Floyd Jr, and it's no surprise that Manny knocked him out like that.

We don't know how Floyd is going to look after all the time off, and obviously Manny is on fire right now, but Floyd is the king of counter punchers and he won't play Pac-Man's game like Hatton did. I think it's fair to say that right now Manny would appear to have the edge, but Floyd has been there before and every time the non-believers have eaten crow. So, while I will definitely be pulling for Mayweather, I will reserve my judgment on the exact outcome until after I see PBF fight Marquez, and until closer to the actual fight.

Last edited by J.B.; 05-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I think it's funny that people say that crap every time we see an early KO in a boxing match, but when that happens in MMA they call it "exciting".

Okay, well I just watched the fight and that is hardly a fair way to look at it. Hatton looked like complete crap against Manny. He moved slow as hell and had no footwork or head movement. When he fought Floyd he was actually moving well in the beginning. Obviously training with Mayweather Sr. did not garner the pay-off he expected it would. Or he just didn't listen, which seems likely considering Floyd Sr was yelling at Ricky that he should have listened to him from day 1 in between rounds. Who the hell knows. Regardless, that was not the same Ricky Hatton who fought Floyd Jr, and it's no surprise that Manny knocked him out like that.

We don't know how Floyd is going to look after all the time off, and obviously Manny is on fire right now, but Floyd is the king of counter punchers and he won't play Pac-Man's game like Hatton did. I think it's fair to say that right now Manny would appear to have the edge, but Floyd has been there before and every time the non-believers have eaten crow. So, while I will definitely be pulling for Mayweather, I will reserve my judgment on the exact outcome until after I see PBF fight Marquez, and until closer to the actual fight.
Actually with MMA at least the other fights on the card could be just as good or even better then the main draw. We rarely ever say this when it comes to boxing. Who fought during the undercard (google it =P)Second, I don't pay for MMA fights either. I fI don't watch it over the net I just go to Heros or B.W.W.

I see Manny as an evolving fighter. The guy seems to get better with every fight. Not only that but he seems to change it up to the point where what your expecting isn't what hes planning on doing. He's out boxed the boxer, out slugged the slugger. Hes slugged the boxer, and boxed the slugger. Floyd, well he just counters.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Allons-y

Dude, Hatton's still down!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 AM
Allons-y

O my gosh, check out the shock wave moving through Ricky's skull as Pacman connects!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 AM
rearnakedchoke

pacman is a beast
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Allons-y

Pacman is ridiculous. Bring on PBF.