Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default Rashad cussed out by his Mom

Mother Knows Best
By Greg Savage (greg@sherdog.com)
Friday, 3:15 a.m. ET: Rashad Evans’ mother was not very pleased with her baby boy’s antics in the cage with Quinton Jackson. The two met in the Octagon after Jackson’s win over Keith Jardine at UFC 96 in what, at the time, appeared to be a face off for Evans’ next title defense.

Lyoto Machida ended up sliding into Jackson’s slot for a UFC light heavyweight title shot, but that did not diminish the heat that was generated in the Columbus face-to-face fracas.

And for that Mr. Evans got a call from his mom.

“She got mad at me after the ‘Rampage’ thing,” said the UFC light heavyweight champ. “She was watching on TV and she’s like, ‘Rashad, I don’t like all that cussing and s---. Rashad, you don’t get on TV cussing like that now, shoot.’ And I’m like ma, he made me mad. ‘Rashad, still, you don’t do that. People don’t want to see that s---.’”

Evans burst out laughing as he recounted the irony of the situation.

“I’m like, looking at the phone, saying, ‘Mom, you’re cussing right now.’”

That wasn’t the only time Evans has received a scolding for his actions in the cage. After he kicked Sean Salmon in the head, scoring one of the most brutal knockouts in UFC history, Evans got another call from his mom. She was none to pleased with his follow-up punches to his stunned opponent.

“I didn’t even know if he was out,” recalled the former Michigan State wrestling standout. “I thought he was dazed, but I didn’t know if he was out or not when I threw the kick. My mom saw it differently. ‘Rashad you knew damn well he was out when you hit him. I don’t like you going on top of him, hitting him. That’s just dirty.’ I’m like, ‘Ma?’”

It appears all moms have the upper hand when dealing with their sons, even if the sons happen to be among the baddest men on the planet.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...mma-blog-17276
Old 05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Mama Evans is rooting for Lyoto
Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM

HE was on a NM radio station telling the story about the Salmon fight and the way he does his mom's voice is freaking hilarious!

[
Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, I didn't see anything wrong with Evans' reaction either times. So what if he cussed? Big f'ing deal!

Obviously, he didn't know if Salmon was out and the ref didn't stop the fight - there's no reason he should have pulled his punches.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
LOL, I didn't see anything wrong with Evans' reaction either times. So what if he cussed? Big f'ing deal!

Obviously, he didn't know if Salmon was out and the ref didn't stop the fight - there's no reason he should have pulled his punches.
Yeah I would have had a problem if my son wasnt aggressive enough!! Shoot the more punches and kicks the better in my opinion! Its not like these guys are not capable and unaware of the risks associated with it! I don't got time for that sissy stuff!! I want to see BLOOD....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Yeah I would have had a problem if my son wasnt aggressive enough!! Shoot the more punches and kicks the better in my opinion! Its not like these guys are not capable and unaware of the risks associated with it! I don't got time for that sissy stuff!! I want to see BLOOD....
I want you to remember this post when one of your children gets beat up in school.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:45 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21

That's just how Mom's are.