Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Obama the spending machine

From the GOP newsletter. Just like the Texas GOP's bumper sticker says, "Obama for change? That's all you'll have left in your pockets!"

Quote:
Barack Obama just completed his third prime time press conference touting the “change” he is bringing to America.

But during Obama’s first 100 days in the Oval Office, Americans have learned what the Democrats’ promise of “change” really means -- an assault on capitalism, free enterprise and fiscal responsibility. The policies coming from the Obama White House and the Democrat controlled Congress represent some of the most reckless spending, taxing and borrowing America has ever seen.

These first 100 days of total Democrat control of the federal government provides a frightening glimpse of what a “changed America” has to look forward to: trillions in debt owed to foreign creditors like China, the nationalization of our banks and auto industry soon to be followed by the health care system, and individual liberties sacrificed at the altar of collectivism.

Brett, the arrogance of power and irresponsible spending displayed by Obama and the Democrats in the past 100 days is astounding:

* A $787 billion stimulus bill full of pork-barrel spending and the loophole allowing millions of dollars in bonuses for AIG executives;
* $410 billion in spending on the 2009 omnibus bill; and,
* A $3.6 TRILLION budget blueprint that results in a $9 TRILLION deficit.

In all, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have spent more in the Obama Administration’s first 100 days than all previous presidents combined. Is this the “change” America voted for? I don’t think so.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 PM
CAVEMAN

AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????
Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
AND to top that all off, FOX news reported that Obama was given an approval rating by 65% of the American public on his first 100 days in office! What the hell is wrong with people????
and it's fox too.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Just another reason why there's lots of talk about Texas seceeding from the Union.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:48 PM
CAVEMAN

So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
So are people just that stupid to believe this administration has done great things for this country?

OR

Do they not care?
I don't think they are necessarily stupid I think some people are really ignorant about politics. I know I am no expert politician, but I look at the whole picture. I think some people just don't know any better. Thats on both sides of the agenda.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
and it's fox too.

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.

Last edited by ufcfan2; 04-30-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Anybody using 1% of their brain could have seen this coming from Obama's speeches. Unfortunately, the media paints a pretty picture and people think this man is a savior.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.
Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever.
Mclame voted for it as well. Not to mention he had his own spending plan so in all actuality wed probably still be in the same boat, just with a different captain.

The only difference is we wouldn't have a political forum, and we wouldn't be allowed to criticize him in any way shape or form. I mean we had to walk on egg shells for the most part when it came to threads about Georgy boy.