Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Finishing Bonus or maybe removal of win bonuses by decision?

Just had an idea for Dana. We've seen it at every event, and oftentimes, the main event (Silva/Cote, Silva/Leites, Arlovski/Sylvia III) where it seems the opponents don't seem to give a crap if they fans get upset because the fights are lackluster in aggression.

Dana should institute a "finishing bonus." They already have "Fight of the Night", "Submission of the Night", and "KO of the night,", but I think it would help all the fighters know they can get some extra money in the fight by not letting it go to the judges. Granted, the fighters shouldn't allow that to happen anyways.

Or possibly not awarding a "win bonus" if it goes to the judges' hands? Now I realize sometimes the fighters are working their asses off (Sherk/Griffin, Sherk/Hughes, etc.) to get the finish, but if it doesn't happen, too bad.

What do you guys think?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
logrus

Fighters should just get a portion of their purse taken from them.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:24 PM
sender

just because I fight finishes doesn't mean it was a good fight! IMO in alot of cases if a fight is pretty close and makes it to the judges it could just mean both guys where pretty evenly match. MMA if first and formost a sport. Fighters can fight to end a fight or to out point the other guy. Theres nothing wrong with a fight going the distance as long as both guys are there to fight.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
just because I fight finishes doesn't mean it was a good fight! IMO in alot of cases if a fight is pretty close and makes it to the judges it could just mean both guys where pretty evenly match. MMA if first and formost a sport. Fighters can fight to end a fight or to out point the other guy. Theres nothing wrong with a fight going the distance as long as both guys are there to fight.
As we saw with Griffin/Bonnar 1.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Hughes_GOAT

just use Pride's rules.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
just use Pride's rules.
thank you ... it was something like 15 or 20 % for a yellow card and 50% for a red or some thing like that
Old 04-26-2009, 04:21 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Fighters should just get a portion of their purse taken from them.
that's wrong and thankfully it will never happen. can you imagine how mad you would be if hughes' had a portion of his purse taken away from him when he didn't finish lytle?

this is the ultimate fighting championship, not the ultimate finishing championship. fans are getting way too hungry for spectacular finishes these days. mainly they've been spoiled by anderson silva, that's where all this conversation started in the first place. he had seven awesome finishes in a row and now that he finally doesn't finish two opponents in a row, everyone is whining. it's really sad.

but i do think there should be yellow cards for continually falling down on your butt on purpose like leites was doing.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Jason 16

It is stupid to take away for not finishing a fight. that is why the pride system works. it doesnt have to be a finish but it will punsh people that run away or lay and pray without trying to finish thats what matters the trying to finish the fight not if it atuly happens or not
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
It is stupid to take away for not finishing a fight. that is why the pride system works. it doesnt have to be a finish but it will punsh people that run away or lay and pray without trying to finish thats what matters the trying to finish the fight not if it atuly happens or not
+1
Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
+1
did you know I can see you Andreas even when your in invisible mode