Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Josh

Default Dana REALLY wants Chuck to Retire.

Chuck is done I agree but I would laugh if Chuck went somewhere else and kept going.

ďChuck Liddell is stupid rich. Chuck Liddell is done. Heís got nothing left to prove. Heís the most famous guy on Earth. I love him like a f***ing brother and I donít want to see him get hurt. There is no reason for it. Heís f***ing 40 years old man. These guys that are fighting now are young, explosive, fast f***ing kids who are well rounded mixed martial artists. Thereís no f***ing reason for Chuck Liddell to be out there at 40 years old still fighting. I donít want to make a f***ing nickel off that ever. Believe me, it will be a f***ing war if he tries not to retire, believe me. I love him. He helped me build this business. We started when he was making five hundred and five hundred. And we had the dream of him becoming a big star and winning the title and making all kinds of money. We did it all man. We f***ing did it all. We did it. We did it. Itís f***ing over. Heís 40 years old, it is over. It was amazing that he was able to fight until he was 40. Thatís what a bad motherf***er he was. He has nothing to prove to anybody, period. Itís over. We did everything that we set out to do. It has been an amazing run, its been fun. We did it together, we stayed loyal to each other the whole time and we did everything that we hoped to do and now its over. He can do it financially. And plus, Iím going to bring him into the organization in some other way and heís still going to make money. Heís been loyal to me and Iíve been loyal to him and thatís not going to change now that heís retiring. Heíll always be a part of the organization. Heíll take on another role, heíll still make money and heíll be with me until the day we dieÖ. I always say is that Iíve built this business using the blueprint of boxing, what not to do. We know that you shouldnít be fighting past your prime, you know?Ē
Old 04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Liddellfan

He probably should retire. Dana is right, there is nothing left to prove and it's not worth going out there and getting beat on by these younger, faster guys. It also sounds like Dana actually cares about what happens to Chuck and it's nice to see he wants to keep him in the UFC in some way. Sounds like a good idea.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

LOL, love it.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 PM

most famous guy on earth? Really Dana?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 PM

I guess practically speaking you guys are right as for Chuck's age and him not having anything else to prove; but, I feel bad for him 'cause I think he's still got that "fighting" heart/spirit inside him that's keeping the desire to fight alive. Plus, like everyone wants to keep reminding him he's 40 (or fixing to be) and men at that age tend to want to "prove" that they still have it.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:00 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

f***ing

motherf***er
Gotta love Dana's vocabulary.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:18 PM

As limited as it is.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Hughes_GOAT

not limited, he just has favorite words.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:24 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't mind the occasional cuss word when it's called for, but Dana's use of the f-word is similar to a teenage girl who has to add the word "like" at the beginning of every sentence. It's quite annoying actually.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I don't mind the occasional cuss word when it's called for, but Dana's use of the f-word is similar to a teenage girl who has to add the word "like" at the beginning of every sentence. It's quite annoying actually.
Like totally!