Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Maldonado136

Default Evans and Jackson altercation at photo shoot

Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Evans and Jackson Altercation At UFC Photo Shoot

While UFC light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans might be focused on challenger Lyoto Machida, by no means has he forgotten about Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

He says the two nearly came to blows at a recent UFC photo shoot.

Some intrepid UFC staffers booked them on the same day, and things got ugly for a spell.

"I looked at him and he walked out of the room," Evans told MMAInsider. "He was like, 'that's messed up putting us together.' They tried to separate us, and the UFC walked him out in the hallway and walked me out in the hallway. And they walked me into the same hallway he was at.

"I looked at him and I was like, what, man? He was like, 'Rashad don't talk to me, man! Don't talk to me! Don't say nothin' to me! You don't know me! You don't know me!' The (expletive) I need to know you for?"

Eventually, cooler heads prevailed, and the photo shoot went on. But Evans filed it in the motivation bank for later.

Following UFC 96, the two went nose-to-nose for forty heated seconds to hype a future showdown.

Later, Jackson bowed out of a quick turnaround meeting with the champ at UFC 98, citing jaw surgery that would make him unavailable.

Many fans wrote the encounter and its aftermath off as hype, part of the business of promoting. Evans maintains it was all real.

"(My camp) was laughing about it, but I was pissed," he said. "I felt mad because I felt like he disrespected Keith a little bit. Keith tried his ass off and he had a good fight, and Rampage didn't look all that good to be acting like he killed him or something. I just didn't like that. Whenever you invest in any of your partners, and when it doesn't turn around the way you want it to turn out, it kind of hurts your feelings a little bit. And that's what happened."

Before 96, he says he got along fine with the former champ, which takes him away from all-out hatred. He's happy to face challenger Lyoto Machida on May 23rd, but looks forward to the day he can squash the recent animosity with Rampage.

"I don't dislike him, but I really want to whup his ass, you know what I'm saying?" Evans said. "I don't know where that falls. I like Quinton. He's a funny guy, and a great person, but I really want to beat his ass. Is that too much of a hypocrisy?"

http://www.mmaweekly.com/blog/2009/0...ion-at-ufc.asp
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Evans and Jackson Altercation At UFC Photo Shoot

While UFC light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans might be focused on challenger Lyoto Machida, by no means has he forgotten about Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

He says the two nearly came to blows at a recent UFC photo shoot.

Some intrepid UFC staffers booked them on the same day, and things got ugly for a spell.

"I looked at him and he walked out of the room," Evans told MMAInsider. "He was like, 'that's messed up putting us together.' They tried to separate us, and the UFC walked him out in the hallway and walked me out in the hallway. And they walked me into the same hallway he was at.

"I looked at him and I was like, what, man? He was like, 'Rashad don't talk to me, man! Don't talk to me! Don't say nothin' to me! You don't know me! You don't know me!' The (expletive) I need to know you for?"

Eventually, cooler heads prevailed, and the photo shoot went on. But Evans filed it in the motivation bank for later.

Following UFC 96, the two went nose-to-nose for forty heated seconds to hype a future showdown.

Later, Jackson bowed out of a quick turnaround meeting with the champ at UFC 98, citing jaw surgery that would make him unavailable.

Many fans wrote the encounter and its aftermath off as hype, part of the business of promoting. Evans maintains it was all real.

"(My camp) was laughing about it, but I was pissed," he said. "I felt mad because I felt like he disrespected Keith a little bit. Keith tried his ass off and he had a good fight, and Rampage didn't look all that good to be acting like he killed him or something. I just didn't like that. Whenever you invest in any of your partners, and when it doesn't turn around the way you want it to turn out, it kind of hurts your feelings a little bit. And that's what happened."

Before 96, he says he got along fine with the former champ, which takes him away from all-out hatred. He's happy to face challenger Lyoto Machida on May 23rd, but looks forward to the day he can squash the recent animosity with Rampage.

"I don't dislike him, but I really want to whup his ass, you know what I'm saying?" Evans said. "I don't know where that falls. I like Quinton. He's a funny guy, and a great person, but I really want to beat his ass. Is that too much of a hypocrisy?"

http://www.mmaweekly.com/blog/2009/0...ion-at-ufc.asp
Duh?!?! Smart *ss..We could all do without the Ebonics..!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Duh?!?! Smart *ss..We could all do without the Ebonics..!!!

How do you think Rampage talks?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

How do you think Rampage talks?
I am not gonna battle down with whose more ethnic. Fact is Evans P'sd me off so bad that is war on him...In my world..
Old 04-23-2009, 08:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I am not gonna battle down with whose more ethnic. Fact is Evans P'sd me off so bad that is war on him...In my world..

You are the one talking about ebonics, and it's not even like what he said was that ghetto.

Thats fine if you wanna be hater, at least you are honest about it!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

You are the one talking about ebonics, and it's not even like what he said was that ghetto.

Thats fine if you wanna be hater, at least you are honest about it!
Gimme something to hate on? Dude seriously just because I dont agree with you or you dont agree with me does not constitute me as a hater. As if! The way I was brought up "you know what im saying" is not proper English maybe on the streets but at a press conference..I guess others consider that talk charming..
Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
Rashad - "I felt mad because I felt like he disrespected Keith a little bit. Keith tried his ass off and he had a good fight, and Rampage didn't look all that good to be acting like he killed him or something....."
I don't remember Rampage disrespecting Jardine?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
I don't remember Rampage disrespecting Jardine?
it was actually quite the opposite after the fight, he gave props to keith and said he will never call him sardine again .. LOL ...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:54 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
it was actually quite the opposite after the fight, he gave props to keith and said he will never call him sardine again .. LOL ...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Buc Nasty

Former champion Jackson might headline either UFC 102 or UFC 103, the latter possibly being a UK event, according to an industry source.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Rampage-S...hida-Bout.html

If the 'black-on-black crime' is happening in my yard I'm definately going!