Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
County Mike

Default Browning out!

I can't believe nobody has posted about last night's episode yet. The final two American competitors fought their way into the house. I wish the one dude, who knocked himself out, would have won. That was a crappy way to lose but I guess his opponent was clever enough to handle the takedown so it hurt the slammer worse than the slamee. Or maybe it was just an accident.

Little Browning was just too small. As he said, going back to 135 where he belongs. Still a punk though so I hope he stays in the small shows and doesn't get picked up by WEC.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
cubsfan47

I just can't get up any enthusiasm for this show. To be honest I began to waiver during the last series.

It just seems to be an idea that has run it's course; the producers are just coming up with more twists to try to maintain viewership. Their is to little emphasis on the fighting for me.

I think also that we get a distorted view of what happens because of the editing; but that just reflects the desires of the producers.

For example, is Bisping really that much of an a**hole? Or is he willingly or unwillingly being portrayed as one?

Meh. I won't be watching any more.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47
I just can't get up any enthusiasm for this show. To be honest I began to waiver during the last series.

It just seems to be an idea that has run it's course; the producers are just coming up with more twists to try to maintain viewership. Their is to little emphasis on the fighting for me.

I think also that we get a distorted view of what happens because of the editing; but that just reflects the desires of the producers.

For example, is Bisping really that much of an a**hole? Or is he willingly or unwillingly being portrayed as one?

Meh. I won't be watching any more.
I hear ya. Usually I'm hyped to watch, at least for the fights, but I'm just uninterested this season. I really wish that I was more excited, if for no other reason than to talk trash to the UK fans, but I really don't! I mean, call me unpatriotic, but I really could care less at this point if an American wins or not.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
County Mike

I agree that it's not as good as it used to be. However, I still like it better than most of the option on TV so I'll continue to watch.

Yeah, Bisping is an ahole. I don't think that's clever editing. I think it's accurate because I've thought so all along. He confirmed it when he told Matt Hamill "Go back to wrestling" after he was given that BS decision win over him. No class at all. He should have thanked Hamill for not taking him down and pounding him out and then thanked the judges for being clueless.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Primadawn

I'm still watching too, though so far, this season SUCKS. I'm with you Mike--I wanted the guy that knocked himself out to win too...although I have to say, for someone who was billed as "a wrestler from Iowa who trains at Miletich"..frankly, I expected waaaayyy better wrestling than what he showed...
Thank goodness Browning lost...I think, if possible, he was even more retarded than Junie.
I liked the one guy's comment on the basketball court when the eggs started flying..."Oh...are we starting this already?"
Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
logrus

I didn't forget, I just don't watch that crap of a show,
Old 04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

He's way too small to be fighting at 155 anyways. He said he fights at 135, no chance. Happy he's off the show.

That Reid guy is a baby and sore loser, glad to see he lost. "I beat myself", whatever, it's a fight, not a game of pool jackass.

Just finished watching the fight. I notice at the end, Mazz is down there with Rob, nods his head to him and said, "Good try man." Then he gave him a love tap. Then Dana seemed to feel sorry for him.

I don't understand, with Dana trying to keep the image of the UFC as "classy guys", why the **** would he give Junie a shot in the UFC when he wasn't even impressive on the show, then give little Junie a shot in the next season? Dana's full of **** sometimes.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 04-16-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I agree that it's not as good as it used to be. However, I still like it better than most of the option on TV so I'll continue to watch.

Yeah, Bisping is an ahole. I don't think that's clever editing. I think it's accurate because I've thought so all along. He confirmed it when he told Matt Hamill "Go back to wrestling" after he was given that BS decision win over him. No class at all. He should have thanked Hamill for not taking him down and pounding him out and then thanked the judges for being clueless.
Word.