Old 04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ibx...eature=related
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2g0...eature=related
Old 04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator

That's a scary video. We can say that our military and police would never invade someone's home and confiscate their guns; but there it is happening on camera right before our eyes. What the National Guard and police are doing there is completely illegal and unconstitutional. The governor, who seems to think that public safety overrides the Constitution, should NEVER have given the military and police the authority to do what we see there.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Blmfighter

Twinsmama,

Are you really that scared that you walk around with you hand on your gun? Don't get me wrong if we had the right to carry I would. walking around with a gun in your bag is different then walking around with your hand on it.

Maybe I'm dumb however I hope that I'm never scared enough that I have to walk around like that.

Using some skills like looking around and being aware of your enviorment could help keep you out of trouble more then a gun.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

Yay for our new president!!! Once again he proves to be the most awesomest and smarterest politicians ever! (and he looks great in photographs too-thanks Oprah!) Yay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk9GwXJNM2c
Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Twinsmama

Yes I am that scared. I keep it in my purse if I'm not at work. If I'm walking in a dark parking lot (like at the grocery store, my work w/no lighting or the mall) I have it on top of everything in my purse and keep my hand on it. I am more cautious when i have my 4 year olds with me. I must not have said clearly what I meant. I don't walk around waving it in the air or anything I don't always walk around with my hand on it. I use common sense. We all learned about those "skills" when we were 6. A gun doesn't keep you out of trouble. I should also mention I understand when and when not to shoot someone. purse snatcher=no, someone running at me , warn -then shoot if they keep coming.

Obviously I look around while I'm walking and pay attn to the surroundings. There has been 3 woman attacked in the last month in my county. I do live outside of town but it is still within 15 miles. An older lady was just beaten to death 2 days ago (by a 14 and 15 year old!), a woman and her 7 year old were got into her car and a man forced his way in (at a busy mall). She and her 7 year old were both shot in the head. there is a man that parks in my parking lot at work that sleeps in his truck. i've call cops to run him off but for some reason he keeps coming back and the cops don't do anything about it. Sometimes i work until 8 or 9 and it is pitch black w/ no lights. Any body outside can see i'm in here alone. I don't think it would be wise of me to walk out without some protection close by. There is actually an area under the stairs where someone could stand if they were hiding. Of course i should be home at that time and wouldn't have to worry about it...but i've got kids to feed so i need to work late sometimes. Also 4 invasions in the last 2 months in our county when the people were home!! 2 of them killed the intruders.

Sometimes skills won't keep you safe. I like to think I'm not scared of bad people, I know they are everywhere and I want to feel like I can protect myself and children if i have to.

I didn't mean to write a book but I don't want you thinking I'm a crazy person that has my gun in my hand all the time. What would you do it your skills didn't keep you safe? Or maybe better question what if they didn't keep your wife safe?

I also would like to say you are not dumb we just grew up different. I grew up around guns so it's not a big deal for me to carry one. some of my friends have never shot one and I don't think they should even consider carrying one. that may be more dangerous!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Administrator

I never thought I would agree with Penn and Teller on anything, but they're spot on here.

Awesome video!

I would say that I don't think President Obama is dumb enough to try to ban firearms during his Presidency, however his actions since getting inaugurated have proven to me that I've severely overestimated the man's intelligence.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I never thought I would agree with Penn and Teller on anything, but they're spot on here.

Awesome video!

I would say that I don't think President Obama is dumb enough to try to ban firearms during his Presidency, however his actions since getting inaugurated have proven to me that I've severely overestimated the man's intelligence.
I feel the same way 100%.

Im Ready.