Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default Detroit Lions...

Reading JB's post, i agree this section doesn't get enough attention, i read plenty of the posts in here but obviously can't always weigh in with valid comments but i do enjoy reading about it and usually good debates. If we were to talk some European Sport, i'd get more involved!

However in the spirit of things, I support Millwall Football Club, their nickname is the Lions.

Henceforth of the many teams i always liked in NFL, the Lions have been one of them, amongst the Rams, loved Faulk, and the Patriots (had some success there!)

Now i know the Rams were useless this season but as far as i am aware the Lions are abysmal.

I know all teams have peaks and trough's, high's and lows but they seem to be in the doldrums for years now.

They can't win a game for toffee!

So what is wrong with them, no money being invested, poor management, poor draft picks, bad luck?!

i would like them to get some credibility back!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2009, 07:39 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Reading JB's post, i agree this section doesn't get enough attention, i read plenty of the posts in here but obviously can't always weigh in with valid comments but i do enjoy reading about it and usually good debates. If we were to talk some European Sport, i'd get more involved!

However in the spirit of things, I support Millwall Football Club, their nickname is the Lions.

Henceforth of the many teams i always liked in NFL, the Lions have been one of them, amongst the Rams
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,can't stop laughing, starting to cry, hahahahahahaha






by talking sports, I figured we could talk about professional and college teams, not professional teams who couldn't beat a college team
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,can't stop laughing, starting to cry, hahahahahahaha






by talking sports, I figured we could talk about professional and college teams, not professional teams who couldn't beat a college team

They have a good history right? One Superbowl's?

Why are they in the posistion thet are now?!

I'm a loyal man as well, i don't just support who is winnning! I'll stick to the Lions!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
They have a good history right? One Superbowl's?

Why are they in the posistion thet are now?!

I'm a loyal man as well, i don't just support who is winnning! I'll stick to the Lions!
The lions have never won a superbowl, they are perenial losers...their best season in the super bowl era was in 1991 when they went 12-4, but got routed in the NFC championship game...Despite having one of the greatest RB's of all time, they could not cash that in, he retired early partially because being competitive he couldn't stand being on such a bad team....Their ownership is horrible, and they are the first to go 0-16 in the history of football...I'm not saying you have to bandwagon a winning team, but you could at least find one that has the possibility of winning
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You should make the second part of this thread's title to be

...don't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Ha ha what can i say, i love supporting the underdog!

I know they have been embarrasing for a good decade now but i thought before that they were competitive! Nevermind.

Guess stick with the Patriots and the Rams, even though they were useless last year!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.