Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
TheConcretekid

Default GLAAD Demands Apology From Dana White

GLAAD is demanding Dana White to apologies for calling a UFC fighter a 'faggot' and calling Loretta Hunt a 'stupid bitch' in his latest video blog. The rant came after Hunt wrote an article about a new rule that deals with limiting managers' backstage presence. Shes claiming that this is an attempt to separate the fighters from their managers. She quoted an anonymous fighter fighter in the article, so Dana called him 'a pussy' and 'a faggot' for being anonymous

GLAAD's statement:
Quote:
White's remarks cross a line - it's unacceptable for an industry professional at his level to trade in these kinds of defamatory, anti-gay slurs...as the leader behind a billion dollar empire, White is fully aware of the reach of his remarks...White knows the success of the UFC is a result of the support of fans, gay and straight alike.

We've reached out to White and the UFC and are calling on them to apologize to his fans for using the slur, and to remove his video from his site.
The video has been removed from youtube. But what it comes down to is that if you are a CEO of a billion dollar company you can't call women bitches or anyone faggots.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Oh gosh half the time when people say fag/faggot its not even a gay insult its just a phrase. As far as being called a *itch I would have said *itch I am just not yours and smiled..Man people are sooooooo freakin sensitive these days!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Oh gosh half the time when people say fag/faggot its not even a gay insult its just a phrase. As far as being called a *itch I would have said *itch I am just not yours I belong to Crisco and smiled..Man people are sooooooo freakin sensitive these days!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Oh gosh half the time when people say fag/faggot its not even a gay insult its just a phrase. As far as being called a *itch I would have said *itch I am just not yours and smiled..Man people are sooooooo freakin sensitive these days!!!!!!
haha .. yeah, the gay couple that live across the street from me were out doing yardwork and my bro in law was helping me with something in front of my house ... well, he was pissing me off with his candy-ass work ethic and i said, "your doing that like a little fag ... do it properly you effin C-sucker" it was pretty bad, but man, they stared me down LOL ....
Old 04-02-2009, 07:46 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
haha .. yeah, the gay couple that live across the street from me were out doing yardwork and my bro in law was helping me with something in front of my house ... well, he was pissing me off with his candy-ass work ethic and i said, "your doing that like a little fag ... do it properly you effin C-sucker" it was pretty bad, but man, they stared me down LOL ....

ahhh, bigotry is hilarious!

Last edited by TheConcretekid; 04-02-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
ahhh, bigotry is hilarious!
Take it easy buddy!! Why you getting so worked up? Honestly..
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
TheConcretekid

rearnakedchoke
Fightn Agnst Isms&Schisms

But not racism, sexism, humanism nor the schism of gays and straights
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
rearnakedchoke

Why don't you just say what you gotta say instead of posting these lame riddles?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
rearnakedchoke

Drama Queen!

Take it easy!

How could any gay person be offended by Dana's White outburst and calling the fighter a faggot! You'd have to be too sensitive. An idiot can see what context it is put in.

Im all for beign polite and not prejudice but there isa line.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Crisco

Quote:
rearnakedchoke

Are you Romosexual bro? No one is trying to offend the gays here buddy.

Just telling them to toughen up and stop acting like a bunch of.... Oh well nevermind.

I have gay friends they know exactly how I feel about their choice. If you want to talk about social acceptance and CEO's saying Faggot and what not how about the fact that these people are commiting abomination? Perfoming unnatural acts on each other?

Who's society are you protecting exactly? In my society being gay is not normal accepted behavior. Sure we don't hate them but hell if they can't take a good verbal jab once in awhile they are living in the wrong country. They should move to England they are getting much better at the whole suppressing free speech thing. Join the Pink Pound movement.

White people, Black peoplem, Asians, Hispanics we are all fair game.

That is the beauty of this country and if you can't see the beauty in saying what you want then that is a problem brother.

God bless