Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default My first jj match

So I was looking through some old photos (to find the one of my & my roommate HERE), and I came across these. They are from the summer of 2004. I went on a mission trip to Belize, Central America (and the year after , and the year after, and the year after, etc. I'm going back this year, too) and on the site my buddy Jesse decided to jump me. Mind you, this was before I had ever seen any MMA, so don't critique the form too much!









I didn't realize it at the time, but I finished him with a really primitive kimura. It felt good, after being the nerdy kid all through school, to graduate HS, go to a foreign country & beat up a friend!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
So I was looking through some old photos (to find the one of my & my roommate HERE), and I came across these. They are from the summer of 2004. I went on a mission trip to Belize, Central America (and the year after , and the year after, and the year after, etc. I'm going back this year, too) and on the site my buddy Jesse decided to jump me. Mind you, this was before I had ever seen any MMA, so don't critique the form too much!









I didn't realize it at the time, but I finished him with a really primitive kimura. It felt good, after being the nerdy kid all through school, to graduate HS, go to a foreign country & beat up a friend!!
There's really nothing like !
Nice work, Ben!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
There's really nothing like !
Nice work, Ben!
Speaking from experience???


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Speaking from experience???


except for the part about going to a foreign country
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
except for the part about going to a foreign country
You didn't give your friend the Shocker too did you???
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
You didn't give your friend the Shocker too did you???
LOL - no wonder he was quick to submit. He was scared for his brown eye.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
You didn't give your friend the Shocker too did you???
What the hell is the Shocker?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.