Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default G20 Protests turn Violent in London

Anti-capitalist demonstrators have started fires and smashed windows in the City of London.

Police said at least 32 people who gathered in London's financial district for a protest on the eve of the G20 summit were arrested after violent clashes.

Fires broke out on the streets and an effigy of a City banker was set ablaze after riot police hemmed in a group of demonstrators near the Bank of England.

Senior officers have vowed to prosecute a small group of protesters, some wearing bandanas and hoodies, who smashed windows at a Royal Bank of Scotland office.

Smoke bombs were hurled into the building and some protesters entered, with Scotland Yard officers following around 15 minutes later 'in support of building security'.

Two people were held for aggravated burglary over the raid on the RBS building in Threadneedle Street and two for public order offences.

Others were held for threatening behaviour, possession of drugs, violent disorder and blocking a road. Eleven people were arrested on Wednesday morning after police uniforms were found in the back of an armoured vehicle.

Around 4,000 people demonstrated in the streets around the Bank of England and many were penned in as riot vans blocked off roads.

At least one officer was seen with blood spurting from a cut on his forehead after crowds pelted police with empty beer cans.

Met Police Commander Simon O'Brien said the ringleaders were followed by helicopter as they left flashpoints and they could expect 'a knock on the door'.

He said: 'As we went on it was clear there were people within the group that were first of all involved in juvenile and puerile behaviour.

'That started to escalate into quite provocative behaviour towards police lines. There were small groups charging forwards and backwards into police lines.'

'It did seem to us from CCTV and police on the scene that they tried to find a way to ramp up the protest and hijack it into violence. We believe these were the sort of people we have been monitoring on the internet and on-line prior to today.'

The Following Nations are Represented in London for the Conference in the docklands tommorow

Mr Mirek Topolanek, Prime Minister of The Czeck Republic is representing the European Union

Mr Barack Obama, President of The United States of America

Mr Gordon Brown, Prime Minister of The United Kingdom

Mr Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister of Turkey

Mr Lee Myung-bak, President of South Korea

Mr Kgalema Motlanthe, President of South Africa

Monarch Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia

Mr Dmitry Medvedev, President of Russia

Mr Felipe Calderon, President of Mexico

Mr Taro Aso, Prime Minister of Japan

Mr Silvio Berlusconi, Prime Minister of Italy

Mr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, President of Indonesia

Mr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India

Ms Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany

Mr Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France

Mr Hu Jintao, President of The Peoples Republic of China

Mr Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada

Mr Luis Inacio Lula Da Silva, President of Brazil

Mr Kevin Rudd, Prime Minister of Austrailia

and

Ms Cristina Fernandez De Kirchner, President of Argentina
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

I've heard about this and it's just "professional protesters" going nuts in order to give the impression that they represent the "will of the people." Hopefully, nobody falls for it, but you know they will.

Also, when viewing the news footage, if you see protesters with bloody faces, then be aware that some of them actually pour theatrical blood on themselves to give the impression that they are being brutalized by police.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I've heard about this and it's just "professional protesters" going nuts in order to give the impression that they represent the "will of the people." Hopefully, nobody falls for it, but you know they will.

Also, when viewing the news footage, if you see protesters with bloody faces, then be aware that some of them actually pour theatrical blood on themselves to give the impression that they are being brutalized by police.
No, the violent ones are just using the Demonstration as a cover to vandalize and steal. Sounds like a few juviniles thought it would be funny to smash up afew bank offices.

They wont be the anarchists or the real demonstrators...they will be the ones who just want to riot...if they get smacked in the face by riot police they deserve it.

If it was professional protestors, the police would have cleared the entire City...sound like they arrested a few out of a few thousand. This isnt a riot, just sheer opportunism

btw...interesting that the President of The United Nations isnt invited to the Gathering dont you think
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
btw...interesting that the President of The United Nations isnt invited to the Gathering dont you think
O, Dave, you make it too easy on me:

It's because the UN is pointless & useless!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Sounds like a group of nuts!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
O, Dave, you make it too easy on me:

It's because the UN is pointless & useless!!!!!!!!
I think Thomas Jefferson would agree with you as well:

Quote:
Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto
Quote:
When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
We don't need the UN, we could kick all of their butts any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

We don't need the UN, we could kick all of their butts any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Except for the fact that we'd all be in church praying for healing on their behalf!!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
pity Franklin Roosevelt didnt feel the same way

out of interest...anyone know...was he Republican or Democrat
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 PM

On the main protesters are weirdo, left wing, smelling people without jobs!

There are always exceptions but they complain loudly against Banks but i can't see how the economic downturn affects them.

i keep seeing the slogan around work

"Capitalism isnt working, Socailism is the answer"

Maybe they are right but im too busy working, i really don't understand where they get the time from.

However i will say that there is and should be legitimate anger and rage at some of the top bankers and politicians.

Sir Fred Goodwin ruined RBS because of his ego.

We have British politicians stealing money from the taxpayers, and they are caught but they keep their jobs!

You have guys like Madoff who are despicable and some anger has to be fronted at this people and i would like some fair justice.

Rioting isnt the answer but i do get why people are mad.