Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default This is Absolutely Ridiculous ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

So the cop resigned because he was doing his job ... There was a story about this on one of those current event shows and a lady who was doing 30mPh over was pulled over because her father was dying ... It is on video that she tells the cop, my father is dying, then gets back in her car and drives away .. she is later arrested and blames to police that she wasn't able to spend her father's last minutes with him ...

I am sorry, but I would fire the cop(s) had they not stopped these people .. they are doing their job .. I mean, are they supposed to believe everyone who says they are racing to the hospital to see a dying family member???

Or what about the people who say "Officer, I don't know how the drugs got in my car, they sure aren't mine" ... they should also be let off too ....

ok, had to rant ... sorry ......
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Waiting for June 6th

Yeah this is bull. Unfortunately for him, he pulled over a high-profile person & it got out.

That being said, once the nurse came out of the hospital & said "No seriously, his mom-in-law is dying," I'd say that you let the man go inside.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
County Mike

Unless you're the doctor that has to perform emergency surgery to save their life, a dying family member is NOT a license to speed. Most likely, the speeding will get you there a minute or two sooner. Not likely to make enough difference to justify risking other lives with the speeding.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Hey, where's the compassion. He was trying to get his wife there; it was her mother who was dying.