Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Default This is Absolutely Ridiculous ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

So the cop resigned because he was doing his job ... There was a story about this on one of those current event shows and a lady who was doing 30mPh over was pulled over because her father was dying ... It is on video that she tells the cop, my father is dying, then gets back in her car and drives away .. she is later arrested and blames to police that she wasn't able to spend her father's last minutes with him ...

I am sorry, but I would fire the cop(s) had they not stopped these people .. they are doing their job .. I mean, are they supposed to believe everyone who says they are racing to the hospital to see a dying family member???

Or what about the people who say "Officer, I don't know how the drugs got in my car, they sure aren't mine" ... they should also be let off too ....

ok, had to rant ... sorry ......
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Yeah this is bull. Unfortunately for him, he pulled over a high-profile person & it got out.

That being said, once the nurse came out of the hospital & said "No seriously, his mom-in-law is dying," I'd say that you let the man go inside.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 PM
County Mike

Unless you're the doctor that has to perform emergency surgery to save their life, a dying family member is NOT a license to speed. Most likely, the speeding will get you there a minute or two sooner. Not likely to make enough difference to justify risking other lives with the speeding.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM

Hey, where's the compassion. He was trying to get his wife there; it was her mother who was dying.

Apparently, he pulled over some other ball player's wife before this incident and detained her for several hours.

I know they shouldn't be speeding and going thru red lights, but I probably would be doing the same thing to get to my dying mother or loved one.

Something else is going on here with this police officer like he was power tripp'n. I think they probably gave him the option of either quitting or getting fired. So I'm thinking he had done other things and this was just the coup de gras that put the final nail in his police career.

They played the audio and video on tv and you could hear what he was saying. I think he was being an ass.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Moose

Did you actually hear the audio? The guy was asking for a ticket. The cop was being a doooosh.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Administrator

When the nurses and hospital security actually came out and verified the man's story, then the police officer should have backed off.

The guy had no sense of compassion or common sense and we don't need police officers like that.

What he SHOULD have done was to let the people into the hospital and taken the man's driver's license. He could have waited for them to leave the hospital and then hand them the ticket, or just have the guy go to the police station to pick up his license and his ticket.

Running a stop sign is not even a jailable offense and does not justify forcing a man to miss the last few moments of a family member's life for some bureaucratic bullcrap.

What I see here is just some young punk on a power trip who has no business being a police officer.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

So the cop resigned because he was doing his job ... There was a story about this on one of those current event shows and a lady who was doing 30mPh over was pulled over because her father was dying ... It is on video that she tells the cop, my father is dying, then gets back in her car and drives away .. she is later arrested and blames to police that she wasn't able to spend her father's last minutes with him ...

I am sorry, but I would fire the cop(s) had they not stopped these people .. they are doing their job .. I mean, are they supposed to believe everyone who says they are racing to the hospital to see a dying family member???

Or what about the people who say "Officer, I don't know how the drugs got in my car, they sure aren't mine" ... they should also be let off too ....

ok, had to rant ... sorry ......
well considering he pulled into the hospital and his wife ran inside crying hysterically, I don't think it would take Einstein to put 2 and 2 together
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
well considering he pulled into the hospital and his wife ran inside crying hysterically, I don't think it would take Einstein to put 2 and 2 together
Not to mention a nurse running out to verify the story to the police...