Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 AM
TheConcretekid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default This Just In: Ryan Jensen is a moron

Quote:
A middleweight bout between Arizona Combat Sports fighter Steve Steinbeiss and UFC veteran Ryan Jensen has been canceled for Wednesday night's UFC Fight Night 18, as confirmed by UFC.com

UFC officials said the fight was off "due to a medical approval issue regarding Jensen."

Independent sources have confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that the alleged medical issue stems from Jensen's use of Adderall, which is not allowed under standard athletic commission rules.

A similar situation to this happened at "The Ultimate Fighter 7" season finale when Tim Credeur admitted to using the same drug, Adderall, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission canceled his scheduled bout against Cale Yarbrough in much the same manner.

I had him as a favorite in this fight too. What a stupid thing to do, he knew it was illegal, huge missed opportunity here.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
I had him as a favorite in this fight too. What a stupid thing to do, he knew it was illegal, huge missed opportunity here.
He is depressed. I'd rather he cancel his bout then kill himself.

Have a heart.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

well, i wouldn't go and call the dude a moron .. it is not like he was taking roids or crack .. dude has issues .. fighters need to take care of themselves ... this is forgiveable ....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
3dlee
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

adderall though is a drug distributed to add/adhd persons typically. and i have personally taken a half of one and they should be considered performance enhancing as they speed you up like crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee
adderall though is a drug distributed to add/adhd persons typically. and i have personally taken a half of one and they should be considered performance enhancing as they speed you up like crazy.

They only act as speed to those withhout the add/adhd. In those with the illness the drug counteracts the overactivity of the brain. Those without the illness don't have the overactiveness so it does act like speed. I don't know if jensen is add/adhd or not but if he is and it is perscribed for his add/adhd I don't see a problem with the takingof it but if he does not have the illness he should get the same penalty as karo.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
They only act as speed to those withhout the add/adhd. In those with the illness the drug counteracts the overactivity of the brain. Those without the illness don't have the overactiveness so it does act like speed. I don't know if jensen is add/adhd or not but if he is and it is perscribed for his add/adhd I don't see a problem with the takingof it but if he does not have the illness he should get the same penalty as karo.
I don't agree with you. If he admitted before the fight to be taking the drug and didn't actually fight they ahve no grounds to punish him especially since he admitted it himself.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,004
Default

Do we know if Ryan is ill and thats why he's on the pills? or is it a case of abuse??

and even if he just admitted it...why didnt he tell them Months in advance
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.