Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 10-22-2013, 02:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva to coach The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3

From MMAFighting.com (By Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti on Oct 21 2013, 11:41p):
Quote:
Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva are taking their rivalry to primetime. The two light heavyweights have been selected to coach the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil.

UFC President Dana White announced the news to Sonnen firsthand during a brief interview on FOX Sports Live.

Wandy's latest video

"You two will coach The Ultimate Fighter. You will have a ton of security down there with you, and it should be a fun season," a smiling White told Sonnen.

Sonnen (29-13-1) and Silva (35-12-1, 1 NC) are set to begin filming before the end of the year, likely following Sonnen's battle against Rashad Evans at UFC 167.

Both Sonnen and Silva have coached The Ultimate Fighter once in the past. Sonnen squared off against Jon Jones on TUF 17, while Silva dueled Vitor Belfort on the inaugural season of TUF Brazil.

Following TUF Brazil 3's airing, the two rivals will collide inside the Octagon, finally putting an end to their lengthy war of words.

http://youtu.be/rnGyRNq2qng
Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM

kinda stupid .. i know its all about the $$, but does anyone really care about this fight? give chael a shot at gustaffson while we wait for jones/glover ... winners fight each other ... i assume this will be at 205 though ...
Old 10-22-2013, 06:57 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
kinda stupid .. i know its all about the $$, but does anyone really care about this fight? give chael a shot at gustaffson while we wait for jones/glover ... winners fight each other ... i assume this will be at 205 though ...
Yeah, I wanna see this fight, but it means absolutely zilch. With any luck, the UFC'll acknowledge this is just a fun fight & make it a Franklin-weight bout at 195.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I wanna see this fight, but it means absolutely zilch. With any luck, the UFC'll acknowledge this is just a fun fight & make it a Franklin-weight bout at 195.
ok .. i am not saying i am not going to watch it .. LOL .. but yeah, i don't think it has a bearing on any title shots ... i like that idea of a franklin weight fight .... maybe rich should be the special guest referee .... just so he is tied his namesake weight category .....
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Hughes fanboy

They probably want American fans to tune into Brazil TUF seasons. I don't want to read that many subtitles.

Chael will be villafied by the Brazillians, and even the guys on his team will wish Wanderlei had picked them, but yet some warm to him "is funny guy". What a predictable season. Then Chael will make short work out of Wanderlei when they fight later.

If not for Chael I wouldn't tune in. *groan

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 10-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Student of the Sport

Wanderlei wants it to be Brazil vs USA, which I think is a great idea.

Here is a good interview with Chael and he also hints at maybe getting Anderson to help him coach.

http://www.bjpenn.com/chael-sonnen-w...brazil-season/