Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Anderson Silva: Chael Sonnen will be the next president of the U.S.

From MMAFighting.com:
Quote:
Two years ago, Anderson Silva hated to answer any question related to Chael Sonnen. With two wins over "The American Gangster" on his record, the Brazilian is more relaxed to talk about his long-time rival.

Sonnen is set to face Rashad Evans on Nov. 16, at Las Vegasí UFC 167, and Silva believes he will have a bright career after retiring from MMA.

"This guy will be the next president of the United States (laughs)," Silva said during an interview to Metro. "Heís smart, political, knows how to promote himself. Heís not an athlete with great results, but he knows how to promote himself. He knows how to use the UFC, and thatís something that many other athletes canít. Heís very intelligent."

Sonnen moved up to the light heavyweight division after losing to Silva for the second time, and the Brazilian discards that possibility in case he loses again to Chris Weidman on Dec. 28, at UFC 168.

"There are a bunch of 205-pound guys on my team," he said. "Rafael Cavalcante, Rogerio Nogueira, Glover TeixeiraÖ I have no intentions to move up."

Silva is scheduled to travel to Japan and Thailand to work on his game before the rematch with Weidman, and heís not thinking about the fight yet.

"Iím going to Japan now, then Thailand," he explains. "But itís too soon to talk about the fight yet. I did that for years, so Iím not worried now. I will start my intensive trainings and make sure that things happen again."

The former middleweight kingpin failed to defend his 185-pound title for the 11th consecutive time against Weidman on July, and he believes that will make people see him with other eyes now.

"I never said it was impossible (to lose a fight). I always put myself like a normal human being," said Silva. "I can fail at any moment, lose. I think it was good because people will now see me as a human being. I will be able to make more mistakes."
Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Hailey's Dad

Even Chael would be an improvement over what we have now.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Even Chael would be an improvement over what we have now.
I want a Stann/Sonnen ticket. Stann because he's got a great resume, and Sonnen because those would be the greatest VP debates EVER!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Hughes fanboy

Something got lost in translation here...not an athlete with great results? Boo Anderson!

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Something got lost in translation here...not an athlete with great results? Boo Anderson!
well, sure he has won titles in lesser organizations, but the fact remains that he is 0-4 in ufc and wec title fights ... sure he can beat some dudes up, but when it counts, he chokes ...