Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-14-2013, 03:49 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default George Zimmerman: Not Guilty

I know nothing about this trial. What are y'all's reactions to this?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Stump Rules!

I didn't watch much but I am a little surprised about the verdict yet not surprised because I think it ended up a race thing and that's sad.
I see my white friends agreeing and my black friends disagreeing yet all say it wasn't based on race. I guess all my friends are racist

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-14-2013, 05:29 AM

If you look at the law and the prosecution's case, this was the just verdict. Kudos to the jury for not being intimidated by the "protestors" at the courthouse.

This incident was willfully misrepresented by the media, the Florida Republicans brought the case for political purposes and the politicians in DC made it racially divisive by their behavior and comments (Obama, Bobby Rush, Federica Wilson, etc.).

This event was a tragedy for the Martin family and the Zimmerman family. The race-baiters got their arrest, trial and verdict. Time for them to accept it and move on.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
If you look at the law and the prosecution's case, this was the just verdict. Kudos to the jury for not being intimidated by the "protestors" at the courthouse.

This incident was willfully misrepresented by the media, the Florida Republicans brought the case for political purposes and the politicians in DC made it racially divisive by their behavior and comments (Obama, Bobby Rush, Federica Wilson, etc.).

This event was a tragedy for the Martin family and the Zimmerman family. The race-baiters got their arrest, trial and verdict. Time for them to accept it and move on.
I agree. I followed the case closely. The prosecutions case was pathetically weak. The defense "flipped" many of the witnesses to make statements supportive of Zimmerman's story.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I agree. I followed the case closely. The prosecutions case was pathetically weak. The defense "flipped" many of the witnesses to make statements supportive of Zimmerman's story.
Plus it was just recently revealed that the prosecution withheld information (pictures, in this case) from the defense; a whistle-blower from Corey's office was concerned and finally got them to the defense a few weeks ago (too late for them to use in the trial). Zimmerman's attorneys wanted sanctions against the prosecution for abusing discovery but the Judge said she'd consider after the conclusion of the trial.

Oh, and the whistleblower? Corey fired him yesterday.

That's just one example of a corrupt and biased FL State's Attorney's Office.
Link here.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM

imo the jurors did a good job ... I think if the prosecution focused on manslaughter and not murder 2, George would be sitting in prison right now ... they tried to get the big charge and didn't focus on manslaughter at all .. justice served?? maybe ... but it still leaves a lot of questions out there ...
Old 07-15-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:

The Florida Republicans (I is one!) did what???
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
The Florida Republicans (I is one!) did what???
I know how you feel, Chuck, I'm also a Republican. I'll quote a friend of mine who put it best:

Quote:
This Florida v Zimmerman trial would not exist without intervention by Florida Republicans: Governor Scott(R), Attorney General Bondi (R), and Special Prosecutor Corey (R).

Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
I know how you feel, Chuck, I'm also a Republican. I'll quote a friend of mine who put it best:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it... Rick Scott isn't a Republican. I mean he may have an R after his name but TRUST me, he's no Republican. ;)
Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
i am lost .. sorry .. what does this mean?