Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM

Default UFC on FX *Spoilers*

Here we go!

Francisco Trinaldo vs. C.J. Keith

Round 1:
Marc Goddard is the referee in charge. Keith opens with a kick to Trinaldo's lead leg. Trinaldo lunges into a wild overhand left before clinching against the fence. Trinaldo working hard for a takedown. Trinaldo finally gets it, lifting Keith high above his head before slamming him down, landing in half guard. Trinaldo quickly advances into mount. Keith in survival mode as Trinaldo rains down elbows. Keith scrambles and reverses into top position, before moving into half guard. Trinaldo looking for an armlock from the bottom. Keith defends, but Trinaldo stands in the ensuing scramble. Trinaldo muscles Keith back to the mat, again landing in half guard. Trinaldo advances into mount and rains down one last hammerfist at the horn.

Round 2:
Trinaldo feints heavily before tying up against the fence. Trinaldo hunting for a single. Keith rotates, gives up his back, and gets violently suplexed to the mat. Wow. Keith in trouble as Trinaldo locks up an arm triangle choke. That's it. Keith taps.

Francisco Trinaldo def. C.J. Keith via submission (arm triangle choke) at 1:50 of round 2.

*courtesy mmafighting.com*

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM

Wagner Prado vs. Ildemar Alcantara

Round 1:
Referee Mario Yamasaki oversees the action. Prado, sporting an amazing 1980's moustache, immediately tosses out a high kick. Prado flurries. Looping overhand lands on Alcantara's chin. Alcantara ties up, but Prado has none of it. Front kick lands for Alcantara. Prado responds with a leg kick, followed by an uppercut. Alcantara lands a stiff knee inside the clinch. Prado misses wildly with an overhand left. Right hook pushes Alcantara back in his tracks. Alcantara paws out his jab. Prado rushes inside and connects with a right hook to the chin. An Alcantara head kick is blocked. Huge right hook lands for Pardo. The Brazilian crowd growing a little restless. Alcantara changes levels and plants Prado on his back, landing in full guard. Prado ties up, and the stand-up comes quickly from Yamasaki. Prado bulldozes inside and stumbles Alcantara with a big knee right at the horn.

Round 2:
Prado lands first with a right hook. And another. Alcantara responds with a stiff jab. Prado presses forward but winds up on his back, with Alcantara on top in half guard. Prado scrambles out. Alcantara tries to seize a d'arce choke. It's too slippery and Prado reverses to top position. Prado unloads some wide punches from half guard. Alcantara rolls and looks for a leglock. Oh man, he might have it. Alcantara adjusts and cranks on Prado's ankle. Prado taps! Good debut for Alcantara.

Ildermar Alcantara def. Wagner Prado via submission (kneebar) at 2:39 of round 2.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM

Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre

Round 1:
Referee Dan Miragliotta oversees the bout. Alcantara misses with a flying knee right off the bat. Groin shot from Nobre briefly delays the action. Alcantara stretches out and paces around a little. Nobre is warned and we're back. Nobre ducks under a punch, responding with a sharp counter to the body. A scramble ensues and Alcantara winds up on top, hunting for an kimura. Nobre muscles out, but gives up his back in the process. Alcantara rains down a salvo of strikes and short elbows. Miragliotta warns Alcantara for shots to the back of the head, and after a few more punches, stops the action. The strikes appear to have been legal on the replay, mainly landing on the ear of Nobre, but the decision has already been made. Nobre remains facedown on the mat. He may not be able to continue. Yep, the doctor waves off the fight. Incredibly bizarre finish here.

Yuri Alcantra vs. Pedro Nobre ruled no contest (strikes to the back of the head) at 2:11 of round 1.

I didn't see any direct strikes to the back of his head. I mean, Nobre survived that armbar attempt, WTH? I think he knew he was beat and took advantage of Mergliotta warning Alcantara about the back of the head strikes.

Well, Dana agrees with me.

Quote:
Dana White‏@danawhite

That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins

Round 1:
Referee Mario Yamasaki is the man in charge. Martins feigns a leg kick. Body kick slaps across Martins' midsection. A wayward Barboza kick lands directly into Martins' groin. That one was bad. Martins takes some time, shakes it off and we're back. Barboza connects with a right hand. Martins pushes forward with a pair of combinations. Switch kick finds its mark from Barboza. Barboza starting to open up now. Massive shot crumples Martins. Barboza pounces and starts raining down rights and lefts. Martins taps to strikes. This one is over.

Edson Barboza defeats Lucas Martins via submission (strikes) at : of round 1.

Wow, Barboza should be on the fast track to the top.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:54 PM

Diego Nunes vs. Nik Lentz

Round 1:
Referee Dan Miragliotta oversees the action. Both fighters trade leg kicks. Lentz ties up, looks for a single, before eventually taking Nunes' back, unloading a few knees and tripping him to the floor. Nunes quickly pops up, only to get thrown back down. Lentz tosses out a few short punches from Nunes' back. Lentz briefly grasps for a rear-naked choke, but Nunes defends. Nunes tries to muscle his way back to his feet, but it fails and he eats a flurry of punches for his troubles. The Brazilian crowd starting to get restless with the slow pace. Lentz not giving an inch, methodically unloading strikes and stifling Nunes from his back. Nunes stands, but again gets immediately tripped to the mat.

Round 2:
Lentz tosses out a lazy leg kick. Nunes catches another kick and misses with a counter hook. Lentz lunges in and connects with a picture perfect double leg takedown, landing in half guard. More boos from the Brazilian crowd. Lentz keeping the pressure on with short strikes and elbows from the top. Lentz working the body, looking to pass into side control. Nunes keeps him locked in half guard, but is unable to mount any offense. Even more boos pour down as a short elbow crashes into Nunes' chin. Lentz continuing to work the body. Lentz is in complete control of this fight. Nunes finally stands, but it's too late.

Round 3:
Lentz charges forward with a right hand. Nunes blocks a high kick. Lentz changes levels, but Nunes easily throws him off. Lentz hunts for another takedown and again can't get it. Nunes misses wildly with an overhand right. Lentz ties up against the fence before tripping Nunes to the mat. Lather, rinse, repeat. Lentz unloads a few short strikes. Nunes tries to muscle himself to his feet, but Lentz keeps the fight down and takes Nunes' back in the scramble. Nunes works back to his guard, only to see Lentz quickly advance into mount. Nunes spins and gives up his back. Another failed stand-up for Nunes. Lentz is just relentless. Nunes finally gets to his feet and immediately lands a monster knee to the chin. Lentz desperately grasps for a takedown, but Nunes defends and connects with a wild flurry. Once again though, it's too little, too late.

Nik Lentz def. Diego Nunes via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-26)

Old 01-20-2013, 12:25 AM

Ronny Markes vs. Andrew Craig

Round 1:
Referee Marc Goddard is the man in charge of the action. Left hook lands flush on Markes' chin during an exchange. Markes clinches against the fence, drops down for a single, and gets it. Craig quickly pops up, but Markes ties back up and slams him to the mat. His back against the fence, Craig looks for climb to his feet. Markes controls the position, eventually muscling Craig down and seizing his back. Markes looking for a rear-naked choke, but Craig defends. Markes still looking to sink his hooks in. Craig patiently fends off the submission attempts, before spinning into top position at the horn.

Round 2:
Outside leg kick briefly buckles Markes. Craig easily shakes off a takedown attempt. Markes lunges forward and misses with a combination. Markes changes levels for a single and gets it, landing in full guard with Craig's back against the fence. Markes drags Craig away from the cage and advances into half guard. Markes hunting for a kimura. Markes advances, still clutching the kimura. Craig valiantly defends and eventually squirms out. Markes still refusing to give Craig an inch, tying up against the cage. The Brazilian crowd voices their displeasure at the lack of action. Craig continues the defend the takedown attempt. Goddard has finally seen enough as he separates the two fighters. Neither man able to mount any offense and the round comes to a close.

Round 3:
Markes immediately clinches, hunting for a takedown. Craig successfully defends the double, but Markes' gameplan has him noticeably frustrated. Craig connects with a short elbow from the break. A short strike drops Markes and Craig pounces. Markes eats a flurry of punches from the bottom. Craig likely needs a finish. Markes defends a pass to mount, but the short elbows still rain down. "Should I go for something?" Craig asks his corner. Markes squirms back into full guard. Craig punishes Markes' midsection with hard right hands. Sensing the desperation of the moment, Craig stands, but Markes quickly ties back up.

Ronny Markes def. Andrew Craig via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Old 01-21-2013, 02:21 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I didn't see any direct strikes to the back of his head. I mean, Nobre survived that armbar attempt, WTH? I think he knew he was beat and took advantage of Mergliotta warning Alcantara about the back of the head strikes.

Well, Dana agrees with me.
I think Nobre's been training with Osh Kosh

Old 01-21-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
good night of fights .. i don't think nobre is going to get another fight in the ufc after what he pulled .... i hope he doesn't ..

if i were a bisping fan, i'd be ready to hang myself .. LOL .. ok .. kidding ... i think he fits the perfect definition of gate keeper!
Agreed and agreed. I doubt Dana will be interested in keeping Nobre around. Bisping will be another Guida or Jardine; I would have loved to see him face Anderson though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think Nobre's been training with Osh Kosh

Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Agreed and agreed. I doubt Dana will be interested in keeping Nobre around. Bisping will be another Guida or Jardine; I would have loved to see him face Anderson though.

i can see them giving bisping someone like belcher or palhares ... anderson would destroy him .. he doesn't want that!