Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Hailey's Dad

Default How should I feel about this?

Obama gave federal workers a day off on Monday, December 24th. Since the holiday falls on a Tuesday, he decided to give federal workers the extra day to extend the holiday weekend.

As a federal employee I think, cool - free day off.

As a tax payer I think, WTH? If federal employees want to stretch out the holiday weekend, they should have to use a vacation day.

Super high debt. Facing the "Fiscal Cliff".
so let's spend some huge amount of money paying federal workers for a day not worked/earned.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Obama gave federal workers a day off on Monday, December 24th. Since the holiday falls on a Tuesday, he decided to give federal workers the extra day to extend the holiday weekend.

As a tax payer I think, WTH? If federal employees want to stretch out the holiday weekend, they should have to use a vacation day.

so let's spend some huge amount of money paying federal workers for a day not worked/earned.

I know how I feel.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I think they should have cancelled Christmas for Congress until the "fiscal cliff" issue is resolved. If our soldiers are expected to work through the holidays, then so should our government.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:

the same way you should feel when you are on here posting during the day on the taxpayers dime ... LOL .. kidding ... you work hard man .. enjoy it ...
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Stump Rules!

How do I get a welfare check I'm feeling awfully lazy these days

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the same way you should feel when you are on here posting during the day on the taxpayers dime ... LOL .. kidding ... you work hard man .. enjoy it ...
Haha, can't argue there. That's why I feel a little guilty getting a free day off. Not saying it was easy to get this job but it's not exactly breaking my back with the daily grind. At least when I'm posting from work, I'm AT work. I like to say that I get paid for what I CAN do more than for what I actually do. For instance, one of our airports has a problem with their system, I'm the guy to fix it. However, since I wrote it so damn well in the first place, that doesn't come up very often. Problems are usually hardware, configuration or user error.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

Don't worry about it. Get what you can out of it and screw everyone else.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

I see what you mean, but it's Christmas. I would have voted for y'all to get the day off with pay if it came up during the election. You work your butt off and deserve to have a perk or two here and there. Kiss those pretty girls of yours and have another glass of egg nog.

It's a whole different story for Congress and Obama. They need to get to work. I agree with Nate on that one.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-24-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:

honestly.... if i were you i would be worried, we have a royal mess and it's getting worse, still spending freely, granting holidays and such, and not getting anything done too fix it

If i were you, mike, i'd be worried I would be having ALOT of days off real soon, as in permanent days off
Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
honestly.... if i were you i would be worried, we have a royal mess and it's getting worse, still spending freely, granting holidays and such, and not getting anything done too fix it

If i were you, mike, i'd be worried I would be having ALOT of days off real soon, as in permanent days off
hey, Adam's Keyboard, stop misspelling words or you're banned, that goes for improper usage of to, too, and two as well as there, their, and they're, now knock it off, we don't take to keyboards too well around here, they are too prone to misspell words