Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default GSP's Terms

Quote:
Upon hearing the news that Georges St. Pierre actually offered to fight Anderson Silva, I immediately traveled to Montreal, Canada to bang on the front door of Tri-Star gym to get the details. Instead, I stumbled across this place called Smoke's Poutinerie and carbed out until my stomach kicked me in the face. Poutine, what a lovely way to die via cheese curd asphyxiation. If any of you see me going near one of those places, remind me how I want to live long enough to see my next birthday without having invasive coronary bypass surgery. Also be sure to remind me that Georges St. Pierre wants $50,000,000 to fight Anderson Silva. At least that's what Mike Straka said on a recent episode of The MMA Beat. Check out this excerpt transcribed by Vendetta Fighter.
I was told by somebody very close to Georges; that Georges today, makes close to eight million dollars a fight.

So to fight Anderson Silva, heís going to ask for fifty million dollars. Five-zero, because he said that Georges has ten fights left in his career, at eight million a fight.

But he believes that Anderson could actually hurt him, could physically hurt him and end his career. So to take that chance he wants fifty million dollars, and thatís exactly the number heís going to go to Dana White with.
$50,000,000 to see GSP in a superfight against Anderson Silva that would take Nick Diaz a few handfuls of Purple Urkle and an unlimited supply of vegan Instant Noodle -- I think the choice is clear, Dana White.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Pay tha man and get the party started!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Pay tha man and get the party started!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 AM
Student of the Sport

For 50 mil there should be no other negotiations from GSP....Anderson should ask for the fight at 185.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM

dana should show gsp the money ... ok, maybe not 50 mill .. gsp will get a lot of money though .. and lets be real ... anderson wants to fight gsp cuz he wants in on the gsp sweepstakes .... gsp sells ppv's and gets people in the seats ... dana knows this ...
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM

This was just Straka talking out of his @ss lie always! GSP never said he wanted 50 million for this fight to happen.

And I don't see what's wrong with GSP saying he doesn't like women's fighting its just his opinion that doesn't make him sexist. Even Matt has stated before that he doesn't like women fighting.

I do by the way I think it's sexy well not all women but some...
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
gsp sells ppv's and gets people in the seats ... dana knows this ...
And Anderson doesn't? When I went to UFC 148, there were tons of Silva fans and a lot from Brazil.

I'm not saying that GSP doesn't bring in ticket sales and PPV buys, but I think most of the champions do. And I'm sure the UFC did just fine with both while GSP was out.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 AM

Ariel went on a little long I thought (almost sounding whiny) when bemoaning the flack GSP got over his "women mma" comment. I don't know if the $50M is true or not, but if it is, it makes me think GSP is trying to raise the stakes sooooo high for Dana that Dana will forget about the fight!

Thanks, Ben.