Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default Seceding from the Union?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ing-dixie.html

Quote:
The White House has received petitions from all 50 states – signed by nearly 750,000 citizens asking permission to secede from the United States. A White House spokesman did not return calls seeking comment.

The petitions were filed on the White House website’s “We the People” petition system. The Obama administration promises to respond to petitions that receive at least 25,000 signatures within 30 days. At least seven states – including Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and Tennessee have met that threshold.
Of course, if all 50 states secede, what happens then?

If Texas really does secede, then I might have to consider moving back to Texas.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM

so how would that go exactly???? hold a referendum???
Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so how would that go exactly???? hold a referendum???
There is no way the government would allow it, so a civil war would be the only option.

Back in 2003, my college Philosophy teacher told us that the last time Americans were this evenly divided over moral issues was in the years before the Civil War. And we are waaaay more divided in 2012 than we were in 2003.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
There is no way the government would allow it, so a civil war would be the only option.

Back in 2003, my college Philosophy teacher told us that the last time Americans were this evenly divided over moral issues was in the years before the Civil War. And we are waaaay more divided in 2012 than we were in 2003.
that would be crazy .. i dont see it happening ... what military would say texas get??? besides the people ... this is too crazy to even comprehend ...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM

we had an issue where quebec wanted sovereignty ... they voted and the vote was to stay with canada .. lol ..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Administrator

I seriously doubt anything is going to come out of it. It's just emotions running high after the results of the election. I just thought it was interesting that even states that Obama won are requesting to secede.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
that would be crazy .. i dont see it happening ... what military would say texas get??? besides the people ... this is too crazy to even comprehend ...
Texas has it's own military/police force that no other state has, the Texas Rangers. And I guarantee that if Texas were to secede, most of the young men and women would voluntarily join up to fight and everyone knows that all Texans have at least one gun in every room.

Texas is on its own power grid and has a decent economy. Andy has already promised that if Texas secedes, he will agree to move there with me.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
Texas has it's own military/police force that no other state has, the Texas Rangers. And I guarantee that if Texas were to secede, most of the young men and women would voluntarily join up to fight and everyone knows that all Texans have at least one gun in every room.

Texas is on its own power grid and has a decent economy. Andy has already promised that if Texas secedes, he will agree to move there with me.

~Amy
Looks like you found yourself a keeper. Maybe you should put a ri- o, wait!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
Now hang on a moment...IF Texas became independant, you wouldnt be able to just choose to go live there...you would have to go through immigration procedures ahahahahahaha
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well...Thats perfectly Constitutional...thats what a Free Society does to end a Tyranical form of Government.