Originally Posted by rockdawg21
1)This country is way better off without Unions. All Unions do is bleed companies (reference dock workers and forklift drivers who make $30 an hour, that's bs) and promote the idea that people cannot speak for themselves.
2) I agree that things should be done better in the UFC without needing to completely form a Union. The fighters could certainly go on strike, then what would Dana do? I'm not big on strikes, but I could certainly understand the fighters, especially those at the bottom, needing better compensation for their fights.
3) Those guys making $3000 a fight are just being wronged.
1) no its not. De-unionization promotes the idea that your workers can be abused like slaves.. "Cannot speak up for themselves" the sad fact is without a Union they absolutely cant! Why should the UFC pay any notice whatsoever to Mr Mohr for example? Why should they keep him? who can he possibly complain to? He and all those in the UFC have almost no voice at all. A union ensures that promotions like the UFC cant just hire and fire and play politics or treat their employees like cattle!!
2) Wait, thats what he would do. Because it wouldnt take long for the fighters to starve to death or be forced into other jobs. plus you'd need a united front. If ten fight camps went on strike, he'd find replacements. if they all went on strike he'd wait...within a month some of them would be forced back.
3) so I'm waiting for your better views.
What good is it to point out an issue and no suggest an alternative? If not a Union...what? You gonna excercise YOUR voice and write to the UFC...do you think that would change their minds? A Union on the other hand will change their minds because a Union means EMPLOYMENT LAW is protected.
I feel VERY strongly about these sort of issues because I've been wronged in an area that is De-Unionized. I've experienced first hand what big Institutions think they can get away with when noone is watching them. Its criminal, no it actually IS criminal.