View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kborntreger View Post
So, I'm a 24 year old full time student, part time guardian of my 3 year old nephew, and also work 40-50 hours a week, so my schedule is pretty limited. The Army taught me that the best time to do cardio conditioning for fat burning is first thing in the morning when the only thing in your stomach is the water you drink when you first wake up. I've been going to the gym at school and hitting the rowing machine for about 30-40 minutes a few mornings a week before class, and I'm seeing some results along with a changed diet. However, I was going to get ideas on more effective cardio in the short time I have to dedicate to fitness. I'm not trying to bulk up. When I lose the weight that I want to work off (post-deployment laziness), I will then start strength training. Any suggestions?
I've found that doing intervals is the best. set the timer for 20 minutes and then start running for 2 minutes at a steady jog. at the 3 minute mark kick it up to a sprint for a minute then return to a jog for a minute and alternate for the whole time. I find this works best on an elliptical machine

[