View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 07:11 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I won't celebrate until we get a Chinese prez.

j/k

War Black President. I just wished it had been Colin Powell.
QFT, if Powell had run in 2000 (there was actually talk of a Powell/McCain, McCain/Powell ticket floating around) I think we would be in a MUCH better position than we are right now. I'm not an overly political guy, but it was pretty cool to see how far our country has come on the race issue (I'm biracial, 1/2 black 1/2 Irish = the "real" Black Irish ). Bottom line, even though I don't agree with a large number of Obama's views (mainly abortion/social issues) I think we should all be praying for the sake of the country/all the good people suffering due to foreclosures, layoffs, etc., that he gets it right on the economy. Same way the Bush bashing from the left bugged me, it's one thing to disagree with a man's politics, quite another to hope your country suffers so the letter of your choice (R or D) wins in the next election. Besides, looks like they're both serving the same special interests anyways (just check out their donors - largely one in the same), so I wonder how much it matters who wins regardless