View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Before you use ur google just tell me some things that you think are inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I want to know what you think.
To be honest with you Mark, I couldn't tell you any them without some sort of aid as I haven't read it in awhile. Shoot, I probably couldn't even tell you any characters names from the last book I read, nor the one I am reading now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
so....the book of Proverbs by your taxonomy is a work of Mythology??
If you would have read the following which I said in my post
Quote:
There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book.
you would have your answer.

Quote:
Tell me...is a Dictionary a work of Mythology??
If the dictionary contained stories as other mythological works did, yes. Since it doesn't, no. Really, what kind of a question was that?

Quote:
Lets not go into how the Bible is a compilation of works...not actually a book, but a library of books, which covers everything from poetry, to law.
I wasn't and didn't.

Quote:
btw...you dont know much about the Bible if you include Macabees as part of it
I was only responding to your post which inferred that it was in the Bible. I wouldn't have been able to say much about it anyway. It was only after googling it that I recalled what it was. You must not know much about it if you can't spell it correctly.

Also, I've never stated that I knew much about the Bible anyway, only that I have read it and that that was a long time ago. I am certainly not a scholar on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Offer you the same? This isn't just about where we happen to be, Buzzard?

Do you honestly believe that there is even a remote possibility that you would find one of us on an athiest based forum asking for tolerance?
I was under the impression that this was a mixed martial arts website which included a forum section with many categories, and only one of them pertaining to Christianity. Do you find it odd that one should ask for civility in a forum? Seriously? I see that certain members of this forum are given a free pass at things like inferring that I am a pedo, but I'm the one questioned for my conduct?

I found this forum when searching out things related to MMA and the UFC which included a fighter whom I liked, that being Matt Hughes.

I have for the most part stayed out of your Christianity section and only posted in there when it was ok'd. Since this topic is in the woodshed section, I thought I was able to freely express my opinions. It that against the rules now?

Vizion and ChrisF, I will respond to your posts in a day or two when I have more time. Thanks for taking the time to respond to mine.