View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Before you use ur google just tell me some things that you think are inaccuracies and inconsistencies. I want to know what you think.
To be honest with you Mark, I couldn't tell you any them without some sort of aid as I haven't read it in awhile. Shoot, I probably couldn't even tell you any characters names from the last book I read, nor the one I am reading now.

Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
so....the book of Proverbs by your taxonomy is a work of Mythology??
If you would have read the following which I said in my post
There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book.
you would have your answer.

Tell a Dictionary a work of Mythology??
If the dictionary contained stories as other mythological works did, yes. Since it doesn't, no. Really, what kind of a question was that?

Lets not go into how the Bible is a compilation of works...not actually a book, but a library of books, which covers everything from poetry, to law.
I wasn't and didn't.

Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post dont know much about the Bible if you include Macabees as part of it
I was only responding to your post which inferred that it was in the Bible. I wouldn't have been able to say much about it anyway. It was only after googling it that I recalled what it was. You must not know much about it if you can't spell it correctly.

Also, I've never stated that I knew much about the Bible anyway, only that I have read it and that that was a long time ago. I am certainly not a scholar on it.

Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Offer you the same? This isn't just about where we happen to be, Buzzard?

Do you honestly believe that there is even a remote possibility that you would find one of us on an athiest based forum asking for tolerance?
I was under the impression that this was a mixed martial arts website which included a forum section with many categories, and only one of them pertaining to Christianity. Do you find it odd that one should ask for civility in a forum? Seriously? I see that certain members of this forum are given a free pass at things like inferring that I am a pedo, but I'm the one questioned for my conduct?

I found this forum when searching out things related to MMA and the UFC which included a fighter whom I liked, that being Matt Hughes.

I have for the most part stayed out of your Christianity section and only posted in there when it was ok'd. Since this topic is in the woodshed section, I thought I was able to freely express my opinions. It that against the rules now?

Vizion and ChrisF, I will respond to your posts in a day or two when I have more time. Thanks for taking the time to respond to mine.