View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
I'm ok with your opinion, but I disagree with that. Yes I have read the bible. It's been a while since I have read it and I will acknowledge that I haven't thoroughly studied it. I have also read tales of mythology (which is the literary category I would place the Bible in) but haven't studied those either since my high-school days. I don't mean to sound rude and I realize that my beliefs are unpopular with the members of this forum, but I don't consider the Bible to be be anything other than a work of fiction with some historical accounts mixed in as well. I'm not saying it isn't an important book with literary value, but I consider it to be a book written by mankind and not the inspired word of God. Having read it showed me that there are many things wrong with it.
Did you read the parable of the seeds? What did you think of that?

Quote:
Before I realized I was agnostic, I saw many things that didn't seem quite right with it. After I realized that the Bible wasn't an infallible document, I looked at it differently. There are many great words of wisdom in there and many great lessons to be learned, so I think that it is a very important book. I just don't believe it to be the word of God.
What specific passages are you referring to?

Quote:
Yes I could and I am, though since others have already done the legwork on this, I am sure that you are quite able to use google and keywords to find the information yourself. I'm not out to win a prize or get a grade for this so it is of little importance to me; and frankly I don't feel like spending the few minutes of time to do it so I can read your insulting comments in regard to the links I would provide. If you wish to provide information to counter my beliefs, feel free to post it and I will gladly take a look at it. So far I haven't read anything that has been able to change my mind or beliefs, but I'm still open to that possibility.
I don't think we can change your mind Buzzard, but God will stir in your heart if that is even in His will ....and you coming here...mayhaps it just is.

Quote:
I'm always open to new ideas, and if there is evidence to counter my beliefs then I will surely give it a fair chance. I can't say I believe in something when I actually don't. That would be lying to myself. That is why I am agnostic in my beliefs. There are so many differing viewpoints and beliefs about Christianity, and those who call themselves Christians can't even agree on a shared belief. It boggles my mind. How does one know if they have the correct beliefs?
Buzz, there are many professed "Christians" who are destined to burn in hell, you are seeing the consequences of man's pride and arrogance in some of those differing viewpoints. The Bible is a huge book, written in a different language, there is bound to be some misinterpretations etc. What MATTERS is the message of the Gospel and whether you believe in THAT, and whether you believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/