View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
If this guy did indeed hurt some of the people he was holding until the authorities arrived he should not only be sued but criminally charged ... don't know about US laws, but if he can't prove that he was in danger when they were under his watch (un-armed) then these people are going to win this lawsuit ...

yes, i know they are breaking the law .. but if i catch someone trying to rob a store and have him under control while i am waiting for the police, and i decide to try out my armbar on the guy and break his arm, you can be sure that i am gonna get charged if i can't prove i was doing it in self-defence
I have no problem believing that these Mexicans are just liars who will say whatever it takes to win their case. They're already entering a country illegally, trespassing, destroying someone else's property and breaking & entering; it's not much of a stretch to believe that they are capable of lying as well.

This never should have gone to trial to begin with, it's total BS.

Also, your example doesn't apply, because this guy is protecting his own land, not someone else's commercial property. It's a completely different scenario.