View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:10 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon8121 View Post
mscomc - I am actually just extremely interested in Evolution. To tell you the truth, I really should be going to School for this because I'm sure I'd be very well prepared! Haha.

So when you say you believe god created man, do you mean you believe god directed the Evolution of man? Or do you simply mean he created Humans in their present form?
Speaking of "Genes". Have you heard about the (relatively) recent Mitochondrial DNA sequencing of Neanderthal bones? Scientists have concluded that they contributed no genes to the modern Human population. There was speculation that they and our direct ancestors the Cro-Magnons may have have had offspring, but we have no evidence of that as of yet. As it looks right now, they descended from Ardipithicus separately from us. Very intriguing.
Gotta be careful man! if you wanna be a evo-biologist, you should know the human you are now is not the human you are 10 sec ago. Your cells and DNA are constantly mutating and turning over (cellular degredation and regeneration). I beleive that god made a human to start with yes. Do I beleive that human has changed genetically so much that its dna is not completely homologous to mine yes. But I beleive virtually all holy scripture mentions this.

you have to go back and look at many things:

1) true we now know how to study the level of the gene, but we dont know how: nucletiodes, the first genes, or how to read genes first came about. Right now, science has hypothesized that in early earth (like 60 billions years ago) quantum degeneration of an atom somehow fused to form a single cell.....which is already reallly realllllllly rare. Than we dont seem to know how we got to a functioning gene. Which is a pretty big gap.

2) Also have you seen the intricate details of a human cell? have you see how perfect it is? not just to look at, but thermodynamically and chemically, everything is so perfectly in sync. heres a link i posted for a good harvard medical school video of that -----
http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/

3) Speaking of thermodynamics (men can go mad talking about this)....did you know the universe is soooooo thermo perfect, that if gravity at earth surface was even 0.1m/s (+ or -) what it is now....the universe couldnt exist? it wouldnt be stable?

-----There is alot more stuff. In the end, I dont beleive that chance was enough to make this all happen. I beleive there was a holy creator.

One more thing man. Not to change your mind on how you view religion. If you are atheist, that is cool with me man, so dont even sweat .....but i personaly have spent many years educating myself in the natural sciences. And some of my peers always mock me, why do i beleive in god? i cant see him, i cant hear him, or touch him...... I just tell them, i cant see an atom either, but i know its there.

Sorry for the long post. If you want more evolutionary evidence from the persepctive of: enzymes, bio-macromolecules, then i can help. If you are more into comparative anatomy (gorila skull vs human skull) sorry man, i aint that bright.

Take care, malcom