View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Ditto! As beautiful a blessing as those generators were, when we finally got power and they were off, that beautiful peaceful silence was a blessing also.

BTW, you had water?

I thought after Rita, in '05, I was going to be totally prepared for the next one, NOT. This year, starting in June, I'm using everything in the freezer and going week to week keeping stuff in the fridge. If I stay, I'm filling every recepticle (tubs, pots, jugs, etc...) with water as well as stocking up on bottled water and batteries. Of course, I realize my doing this will more than likely insure no hurricanes will come this way.

We didn't have any water for several days, 5 or 6 I can't remember. Then when it did come back on we were on a boil water order but didn't have a way to boil water. So we had to find other means. I showered at work. We had filled the tubs full of water but that only got us so far. Oh well. Hurricanes suck but at least it wasn't an ice storm. No way could I deal with the cold for so long with just my fireplace.

~Amy

My son made this for me: