View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
No, I did not miss what you said, it was a lame attempt at sounding deep. Kinda like the entire point you are trying to make here. You make some decent points, but those points are latent with comments that are just silly and make no sense. Like this one...
It isn't the fault of the users.. it's a fault in the athlete. IMO

meaning The Users are not the problem. How many kids and amateur athletes started using because of the hype behind some of the biggest names in baseball.. the hype cause of the money that they make. The coddled and pampered, when others are working their asses off..The thugs (and yes there are some in MMA) that are million dollar criminals.. forget them... and I refuse to allow them to take $$ from me and mine.

The athletes are the ones that brings others into using.. the team mates that cover for the known users.. the teams that cover for the athletes..

Quote:
Seriously, I bet without using the web you couldn't name 2 players on every team in the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Yet, you seem to have this insider knowledge on the ratio of people who are getting arrested in other leagues compared to MMA. Quit talking out of your ass, or at least stuff a breath mint up there so it's not so smelly.
Your right. I can't name 2 players on every team.. just many.. but I do know how many players are on a MLB, NBA and NFL team. Now you take that number.. and compare that to the number of MMA fighters in the UFC, WEC and Affiliation. Take that number and compare that to the number of steroid abusers, and violent criminals and arrests.. simple math.

Quote:
As for a king's ransom, that's just hilarious. Why are stadiums still selling out all over the place? I can still get tickets to ANY major team in Chicago or Phoenix for far less than $100 a ticket. If you can't afford that, YOU are the one with the problem, not the teams.
They are not. Specifically in baseball. Basketball isn't doing to well either.. but instead of cleaning up the sports and getting respect from the fans.. they continue to pay WAYYY to much.. and to subsidize those paychecks.. they continue to raise ticket prices.. , but work to keep blackouts in place so fans can't watch at home.

Quote:
Its funny how you fail to realize just how many spoiled brats and thugs are fighters too.
Baby Jay don't count.. the Diaz boys are thugs..I can't stand those fighters that have no "class".

Quote:
Funny how no matter what negative point is made about MMA you would still sit there and say "it's better than team sports". Really man, everyone gets it, you don't like team sports. Nobody cares.
I love team sports.. I play baseball for the fun of it. I play touch football .. I am a coach and competitor in my dojo's competition team.. I think that the major league teams should start caring about their fans.. start putting effort to having players that are more for their team than just personal achievement. That's all.

Quote:
So get out of the Sports section and just talk about MMA if you hate team sports so much.
Well considering that this thread was started in the UFC section, and I made statements that you take issue with.. I will finish what I start.

Quote:
I never disagreed with you that other pro-sports have people with problems, but you fail to recognize the problems with MMA and just want to prop it up while trying to bash other sports.
The only problem with MMA is that is trying to get into areas where it is banned.. and not having as much success as I would like.. and many others...

Many MMA fighters need to be paid more.. but as far as steroids.. there are much bigger fish to fry.. and the UFC/WEC abide by the various commissions. The UFC/WEC/Affiliction/Ruckus in the Cage/Rumble on the Rock/ and various others.. do not mandate testing..

Quote:
Quite simply, you are just a hater. I appreciate a nice lively discussion, and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong about something, but you are just out to hate on other sports and talk down your nose rather than have an intelligent discussion. You blindly ignoring facts and using made up ratios is where it makes it impossible to debate with you.
simple math buddy.. simple math.. and I don't hate team sports.. I hate the corruption and the underhanded crap that is fed to fans.. the UFC has issues sure.. but again...much bigger fish..

Quote:
PS - You can hate on the Cardinals all you like, because we all know that it's proving your point and not just making you look like punk.
I don't hate the Cards. I just prefer the St. Louis variety.. until the crap with Mark.. for baseball.. but in regards to football.. Kelly Stouffer was Da Bomb!

Quote:
At least the Cardinals made it to the show. Too bad you couldnt afford tickets to the Panthers last home game in the playoffs, then you could have seen a real ass whooping. Next time AZ comes to town, let me know and I will buy you a couple tickets so Larry Fitzgerald can you show you how it's done.
You might not want to talk about what I can and can not afford.. I can afford a lot.. am I wealthy? Nah.. but I can afford a good deal.. but I do refuse to toss my money at thugs and drug users... like I said.. it's more fun to go see a high school game.. but it takes something away from the game when you have star high school players.. that can't read.. I would rather see the Charlotte Knights play baseball.. it's the same game.. and they are trying.. and you can "feel" the team atmosphere..

Yep.. the Panthers are great at knowing how to choke.. could care less about them either..

And remember the PSLs.. utter crap.. what about the fans ..

But Kevin Greene and Wes Walls.. man they were fun to watch.. Steve Beuerlein was an excellent QB

but look at them in the last few years.. hell even the cheerleaders get arrested...remember Rae Carruth...