View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
octagon junkie

Guys thank you for all the prayers. Our power went off at 6 am Jan 27th, and it came on last night around 6:30 so 13 days and twelve cold nights. From the first Tuesday to sat the only thing we had was the fireplace it was terribly cold I was literally sleeping about 2 hours a night between trying to help keep the fire going and keep the girls covered up. The first three days you couldn't get out our road there were so many trees down. My county and about three around it were 100% without power for the first three days. God bless the crews that came in from out of state. The crew that fixed ours yesterday was from northern Michigan and one of them told me they had worked 104 hours the week before. We were under a boil water advisory but God blessed me with some good friends. My friend Deb came in from Lexington and brought me a generator, lantern, six gallons of water, a 24 pack of water and snacks on saturday. I also called the sheriffs office to see if anyone had wood for sale. They put me in touch with a couple in a nearby town that brought me a load of wood at no charge, I offered them at least their gas money and they wouldn't accept. Truely awsome people. I know I haven't covered half of what went on but I be Michele is already tired of reading. One more thing all phonelines were down including cell towers so there was no communication. It was definatly and expierince I don't want to have again, I just thank God for our terrific neighbors and that it wasn't any worse than it was. Actually if it wan't for the cold (-2) on the coldest night It wouldn't have been half as bad. Thanks again and now back to cleaning the mess!!!