View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
That's ok if you think it's stupid, I really do think baseball is boring unless you're at the game.

Well no, the people who aren't doping would be able to join the new league. It's guys like Barry Bonds, ARod, etc. who wouldn't be allowed in the league. You're always going to have guys who cheat with drugs, but didn't MLB have something like over 100 players that tested positive and they did nothing? Forgive me if I'm incorrect but I think there was a thread on here somewhere that mentioned like 104 players in 2003 who failed a test and weren't punished.

I haven't any problems with guys wanting to make more money, but to go on strike even when you're already making extremely large sums of money, is ridiculous.

You can't compare the UFC to MLB. UFC pays guys sometimes as low as a few thousand per fight. Even the poorest MLB player makes thousands per game. Apples to oranges.
Thats cool if you think it's boring, but saying it should fail is just silly. Saying you need to start a "new league" to get rid of people who are doping is a waste of time. Just test the players properly and get rid of the bad seeds, it's that simple.

Also, you need to realize, in 2003 there were NO rules against steroids in the MLB. It was never something that anybody thought was a problem until the last 10 years after Sosa and McGwire, then Bonds, now A-Rod. Canseco's book did a lot to blow the lid off it too.

As for comparing the UFC and MLB, I realize they are different, but they are both professional sports organizations. Go back and read what's been being said in this thread and you will see why I made the comparison.