View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Fair enough, but you did say, "I hope MLB goes down, it's a boring sport anyways". To me, and lots of other people, that is stupid. I agree with you about the problems facing baseball, but obviously the Yankees are wasting money, because look at where they ended up last post season, lol.

Also, just because SOME of the players have been caught doping does not mean the whole league should fail. There have been people caught using roids in the UFC also, I don't want the UFC to fail.

Yes, players have bitched about being payed more, and some players don't deserve it the amounts they get, but a LOT do. I always find that it's easy for people who are not rich to try and grill rich people for wanting to make more money, as if thats a crime or something. Also, its funny when the people hating on what the players make don't have any comprehension of what those franchises are making in profits. That is part of what is wrong with the UFC, they are not fairly compensating their fighters in comparison to what they making in profits.
That's ok if you think it's stupid, I really do think baseball is boring unless you're at the game.

Well no, the people who aren't doping would be able to join the new league. It's guys like Barry Bonds, ARod, etc. who wouldn't be allowed in the league. You're always going to have guys who cheat with drugs, but didn't MLB have something like over 100 players that tested positive and they did nothing? Forgive me if I'm incorrect but I think there was a thread on here somewhere that mentioned like 104 players in 2003 who failed a test and weren't punished.

I haven't any problems with guys wanting to make more money, but to go on strike even when you're already making extremely large sums of money, is ridiculous.

You can't compare the UFC to MLB. UFC pays guys sometimes as low as a few thousand per fight. Even the poorest MLB player makes thousands per game. Apples to oranges.